“gunship” Ended His Journey

Discussion in 'VVnW & The Veterans Coalition' started by DonaldN, Oct 21, 2006.

1. DonaldN

DonaldN New Member

Another sad tale of a Vietnam Veteran's self-hastened passing. :mad:

TO ALL AND PLEASE PASS ON

“GUNSHIP” ENDED HIS JOURNEY IN THIS LIFE MONDAY AFTERNOON, OCT 16, 2006, IN THE VETERANS ADMINISTRATION CENTER, WILKES-BARRE.

JOHN EPHREM FRASSO, 61, OF 253 BRIDGE ROAD, NESCOPECK, PA 18635. JOHN WAS BORN IN BROOKLYN, NY, JULY 17, 1945.

HE IS SURVIVED BY HIS WIFE, CHRISTINA. EXPRESSIONS OF SYMPATHY MAY BE MADE TO THE DISABLED AMERICAN VETERANS ASSOCIATION.

FOR THOSE OF US WHO KNEW HIM HE WAS QUITE A CHARACTER. OUTSPOKEN, SAYING WHAT WAS ON HIS MIND AND HUMEROUS. VOLUNTEERED FOR WHATEVER HE COULD AT VVnW AND WAS A GREAT ASSET. HE WILL BE MISSED.

GunShip Update:

"I JUST READ THE ENTIRE PRESS ENTERPISE NEWSPAPER AND ON THE NEXT TO THE LAST PAGE WAS THIS HEADLINE:

CORONER: MAN KILLED SELF OUTSIDE VA

IT HAPPENED ABOUT 1:30PM MONDAY. INVESTIGATORS FOUND A NOTE THAT SUGGESTED THE MILITARY VETERAN WAS PROTESTING THE WAR IN AFGHANISTAN.

HE HAD PTSD."

"HE HAD HELPED PETEY BOY WITH HIS PERSONAL BUSINESS VENTURES IN LOADING CARGO CONTAINERS FOR SHIPMENT TO AU. THEN PETEY BOY HAD SOME REASON TO NO LONGER LIKE OR TRUST GUNSHIP AND BAD MOUTHED HIM. GUNSHIP HAD HELPED OUT NATIONAL MANY TIMES AND WAS THE SHUTTLE BUS DRIVER IN WASHINGTON DC DURING A CONVENTION..

HE SERVED WITH THE 68TH ASSAULT HELICOPTER COMPANY AS A CREW CHIEF DOOR GUNNER ON HUEY UNIC GUNSHIP HELICOPTER 10/66 – 12/67.
    HE HAD 22 AIR MEDALS, A PURPLE HEART, A SILVER AND TWO BRONZE STARS PER HIS OBITUARY.

IF NATIONAL RECOGNIZES HIM IT WOULD SIMPLY BE BECAUSE “IT WOULD BE THE RIGHT THING TO DO”, NOT OUT OF RESPECT, BUT HOPEFULLY TO CURRY SOME KIND OF FAVOR OR PUBLICITY."

(Thank You Richard for this news and update - DonaldN)
  2. DonaldN

DonaldN New Member

"HE HAD HELPED PETEY BOY WITH HIS PERSONAL BUSINESS VENTURES IN LOADING CARGO CONTAINERS FOR SHIPMENT TO AU. THEN PETEY BOY HAD SOME REASON TO NO LONGER LIKE OR TRUST GUNSHIP AND BAD MOUTHED HIM. GUNSHIP HAD HELPED OUT NATIONAL MANY TIMES AND WAS THE SHUTTLE BUS DRIVER IN WASHINGTON DC DURING A CONVENTION.."

Wonder what he had shipped to AU for that 25 person(maybe 25) post?

Now! Someone can please convince me that Peter Forbes, VVnW & VC national commander gives one shit about any U.S. Armed Forces Veteran, be they from the Vietnam War or any other conflict/war. For that matter he treats the Veterans of his own country, Australia, as poorly as he does us. He uses veterans, accepts their money and discards them like a used condom! I believe what forbes did to GunShip hurt him so much that it triggered his self destruction.

Petey, You make me sick! I've puked better crap then you are!
    DonaldN
  3. DonaldN

DonaldN New Member

Guess what veteran organization DID NOT send their "national" color guard to John Frazzo's funeral even though it was in their local area.

See below from The TIMESLEADER:
    The honor guard consisted of veterans from Veterans of Foreign Wars posts from Berwick, Nescopeck, Slocum and Dorrance townships, the Catholic War Veterans from Berwick and the American Legion in Plains Township.

Mike Milne attended under his "new" last name "Phoenix". Guess he thought no one would know him...

See: http://www.timesleader.com/mld/timesleader/news/local/15821033.htm

Semper Fi
    DonaldN
  4. Michael B.

Michael B. New Member

Donald.

Gunship is/was my Uncle and I would like to know more about him and Peter if you would care to share.
    [email protected]
  5. abc160561b1

abc160561b1 Member

Ủng hộ bạn
  6. abc160561b1

abc160561b1 Member

Quan tâm sâu sắc