60% Only 10% For Lbp

Discussion in 'General Medical' started by bref, Apr 10, 2007.

1. bref

bref New Member

Why Do They Only Give A 10% On Lbp I Will Have This Problem For The Rest Of My Life??? Currently I Have A 60% Rating On All Other Conditions Combined.....please Explain,also Having A Fed Job Will That Help Or Hinder My Disability Rating?
  2. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

3. Vike17

Vike17 Member

Bref,

Lower back conditions are rated according to range of motion (how far you can bend over) or incapacitating episodes (how long you are prescribed bed rest over a 12 month period). If you received a 10% evaluation for your lower back, then that means you either had forward flexion of 60 to 85 degrees or you were prescribed bed rest of at least one week but less than two weeks during the last twelve months.

Vike 17
  4. bref

bref New Member

prolo therapy

i have been going through "prolo"therapy for about 8mths now and my lbp is still as bad as it was.i would rather have the surg.to fix this problem.....
    on the rating paper work it said i have 10% but it could be raised to 30%
  5. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

bref:

Aren't you still on active duty? Isn't your MEB next month? Have you actually been awarded compensation or are you speculating?
  6. bref

bref New Member

i have been awarded comp through va,i have been kicked off ad and now am a tpu status
  7. bref

bref New Member

well if im on my 20 mg of hydocodone and 10 valuim which i was on the day of my c&p ,i can do just about anything,it's the day after when i cant move
  8. bref

bref New Member

if this prolo therapy doen't work and surg is the next step then what do i expect????
  9. bref

bref New Member

????????

:confused: if this prolo therapy doen't work and surg is the next step then what do i expect????
  10. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

If you are looking for a medical answer, talk to your doctor. If you're talking about your career, it will depend on the results of your meb/peb
  11. lillygirl

lillygirl New Member

Be careful what you wish for. I too had horrible back pain for many years. I had discs replaced while on active duty. It completely took the pain away (eventually) but it also ended my military career.