Annual Physical Exams

Discussion in 'Health Care Benefits' started by Docnsiam, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Docnsiam

Docnsiam New Member

What is the VA policy on Annual Physical Exams?
    I've been 100% service connected for wounds in Vietnam for over 37 years.
    I have had physicals done, usually in preparation for surgery etc. Now that I am getting older I feel the need for an annual physical check up. What is the policy of the VA on doing this in the USA?
    As I have lived in Thailand for the last 5 years, my VA medical care is governed by the Foreign Medical Program of the VA Health Admin. Center. They will reimburse for any medical care that is associated with a service connected disability. Does anyone have any experience with the VA paying for Annual Physical Exams in foreign countries?
  2. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

Don't know for sure. I've had total VA care for the past 5 or so years and other than my intake exam have never had one suggested. I see my PCP yearly and do blood work but nothing that resembles a comprehensive physical exam. I'm approaching 65. If nothing else, just ask for one an see what the response is.
  3. Gutierrez20

Gutierrez20 New Member

Well, this post is quite informative I have never heard about this before. May be few exams do require a medical clearance also. I am also looking for the Best LSAT Courses for getting through with the law exam and I think being physically fit can be a part of this exam too.