Appealing My Ptsd Claim - Best Approach?

Discussion in 'Veterans Disability Commission' started by whiskeymedic, Jul 14, 2008.

1. whiskeymedic

whiskeymedic New Member

I also posted this in the PTSD forum. I was given 50% for PTSD. My shrink (VA Certified) was shocked at such a low rating. The examiner asked me about my stressors, which were not denied. But he asked me if I had any interests/hobbies/etc. I told him I used to like camping and fishing. He asked if I was employed; I said part time. The report stated that the examiner found me to be "very neat in appearance" and I had hobbies and interests outside of the home. The truth is, I have not camped or fished since my return, and I only work part time inside my own house because I get really anxious if I am away for more than a few hours. And I was clean-shaved only because my Father is my unofficial caregiver/drill sargeant. If it weren't for him, I probably wouldn't have gotten out of bed to go to the VA in the first place. I filed for an appeal, and my shrink sent another report basically saying there was no way a 1/2 hour interview could cover everything - aside from his reports, is there anything I can do? I was considering sending a letter myself stating my arguement.
  2. william lofquist

william lofquist New Member

I would like to comment more privately e-mails. Some of the same experiences..
  3. k4ibz.bill @gmail.com

k4ibz.bill @gmail.com Member

Yes, William I would like to talk to you privately by e-mail. I have experienced the same comments by the VA C & P Examiner. I don't think being clean shaven or neat apperance nor having a hobby would have anything with PTSD.
  4. k4ibz.bill @gmail.com

5. k4ibz.bill @gmail.com

It wouldn't do you any good because like anything dealing with the gov. you must use the proper form. I have already been turned down twice and the stress of doing another appeal is out of the question. I 'm 70 years old I don't need the greif and stress these C & P Shrinks put you through. They just want you to go away or just die.