Brand New with ??????????

Discussion in 'VA Procedures' started by guitarjunky, Jun 24, 2008.

1. guitarjunky

guitarjunky New Member

Hello everyone,

I was recently medically retired from the Army (Decmeber 07) after being injured in Iraq. While the Army only gave me 30%, the VA rated me at 80% SC as follows:
    PTSD 50%
    TBI/Migraines 30%
    Tinnitus 10%
    L/R Knee Arthritis 10% apiece
    C Spine DDD w/ neuropathy 10%
    L Hip Labral tear 10%

I've been in a lot of treatmen lately and I have some questions. I have doctors writing letters on my behalf stating that I should be at a higher rating for both migraines and ptsd and that due to my problems, I'm not able to work. I will be attending an in-patient 7 week program soon. I have been placed on about every med available to help me with my migraines and recently, was administered another MRI of my brain.
    I'm wanting to apply for IU or for an increase in my rating. Do I apply for IU first? Do I apply for a ratings increase first? Should I do both at the same time?
    I've also found out recently that I'm going to be getting CRSC eventually as my Army Retirement was cancelled once my VA rating came in. Will CRSC affect anything to do with TDIU if I were to be granted it?

Thanks and look forward to chatting with all of you.

:cool:
  2. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

I couldn't tell you how you should be rated. That would be decided on the basis of exactly how your physicians said your conditions affected you and how that fit on the VASRD. You can file for an increase and IU at the same time. download and submit this form with your claim. http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-8940-ARE.pdf Your doctors will need to say you are unemployable and that your conditions have worsened. Just resubmitting the same info will result in the same award.
  3. guitarjunky

guitarjunky New Member

Thanks TinCanMan,

I appreciate your help.

Scott