C&P for PTSD

Discussion in 'PTSD' started by jkimsr, Mar 11, 2005.

1. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

2. jcdanner

jcdanner New Member

rainvet thanks Iam trying to get this straight in my mind I am Korean vet going to group therapy at VA Gaff score 45 diagnoiced PTSD do I need to find Service officer now and file? I appreciate yuur help
  3. rainvet

rainvet New Member

jcdanner, Yes if you are at 45 and have been going down and or staying at that level, you should seek an VRO and see if you should appy for VA Benefits for Service Connected disorders. Also if you have a Vet center close by, seek there help and or opinion, because they can be of some big help to.

Let me know how you come out and good luck my friend and GOD Bless you and your family. Just aways remember, don't give any answer to anyone about your life before you enter the military because some answer will get you turned down based on those words which doesn't really didn't cause your problems but will be use against you because of what you tell others. RainVet!
  4. jcdanner

jcdanner New Member

ptsd CLAIM INFO

thanks rainvet , sorry its took so long but this computer thing is new stuff to me. I"m a Korean vet and like all the guys like you been fighting this war along time I finally realized I"ve got aproblem and need help I"m sure glad Veterans resources and found guys out there thats willing to help guys like me that don"t know what to do God bless you all
  5. rainvet

rainvet New Member

jcdanner, thank again for your service to our great Country. Have you put in a claim for Ptsd and or are you seeking help through the Vet Center and or the VA Ptsd care center. You need to get on the ball and not put off anything if you know and feel the signs of Ptsd and you know it is caused from your public service from your Military days. RainVet !
  6. jcdanner

jcdanner New Member

ptsd

rAINVET YES i HAVE FILED ACLAIM FOR ptsd all of this is new to me,and I"lbe needing a lot of advise
  7. rainvet

rainvet New Member

I come back and forward here but not as much as I use too because of my Ptsd and the feeling and anger it cause me. It I can be of any help to you please let me know my friend and thank you and may GOD bless you always.
  8. jcdanner

jcdanner New Member

Ptsd

Thanks rainvet, and all of you out there and welcome home . I filed my claim for PTSD and tinnitus I haven"t heard any thing I was denigied for SC hearing loss and COPD now since I have filed claim I had surgery and had a stroke after. should I file on that? I receive small non service pension .
  9. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

You should file a claim for the residuals of your stroke if you believe the stroke was caused by your military service and a medical professional who is qualified to render an opinion, states it is at least as likely as not that your residuals were caused by your service or you believe a VA C&P examiner will state it. All successful claims have 3 things in common:

1. Documented military service
    2. A compensable condition
    3. A nexus or connection between 1 & 2
  10. jcdanner

jcdanner New Member

Ptsd

Thanks tincan man I really appreciate the help you guys give i"m lost and confused trying to get this thing going
  11. jcdanner

jcdanner New Member

ptsd

JUST TALKED TO SOMEONE AT 800 NUMBER THEY SAID MY FILE IS AT THE REVIEW BOARD, iKNOW i SOUND STUPID BUT BUT WOULD SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THAT MEANS EXACTLY? THANK YOU
  12. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

jc:

If you're doing this on your own and feel inadequate to the task, have trouble researching your claim, understanding the relevant statutes and regulations or remaining impartial, I'd recommend using the services of a Service Officer (SO). Every Veterans Service Organization (VSO) provides veterans with SO's to assist in preparing and monitoring their claims. It's free and you don't have to be a member to use their services. In addition, many states and counties provide paid ombudsman to do the same.

Understand, not all SO's are cut from the same cloth. Some are absolutely useless and some are worth their weight in gold. The trick is to find one you can work with and responds to your inquiries. When they don't, find a new one until you are satisfied. No single organization is the right one. It all depends on how they perform in your area.

Call The Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW), the American Legion (AL), the American Red Cross (ARC), the Disabled American Veterans (DAV) Military Order of the Purple Heart (MoPH) or any of the other hundreds of organizations and ask for help filing a claim.

Look in your phonebook under "Service Organizations". If you can't find one there, try this link at the VA for their list of organizations. http://tinyurl.com/y6gv6c

Now, to answer your question; I have no idea what a review board is and didn't know claims were reviewed by a board. Call and ask again and see what kind of answer you get. That 1-800 number is designed to assist vets in filing claims but everyone tries to use it to track claims and the poor folks on the other end aren't prepared with the proper tools do do that well although they try.

Please understand that your claim isn't like tracking a FedEx package where each hop brings the claim closer to its destination. Many times a claim will go back and forth between the various groups and it is only the Rating Veterans Service Officer (RVSR), the decision maker, that truly knows the status.
  13. jcdanner

jcdanner New Member

Ptsd

thanks tincan man I have a service officer from DAV but I have"nt heard anything since I gave all my paperwork to him I never realized when I was rootin around in stinking rice paddies andfreezing my buns off that I"d be going thru this
  14. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

JC:

If I understand this correctly, you filed a claim for COPD and hearing loss and it was denied. You then claimed PTSD and tinnitus but haven't had a C&P exam yet and you are thinking about filing a claim for stroke and its complications. Do I have that right? When did you file the claim for PTSD/tinnitus? When you filed for PTSD, did you write a stressor letter?
  15. jcdanner

jcdanner New Member

Ptsd

yes tin can man Ifiled for PTSD and tinnitus July of this year haven"t heard yet about C and P no I am not filing on my stroke
  16. jcdanner

jcdanner New Member

Ptsd

Tin can man,, yes I did write a stressor letter
  17. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

Seems you would have been notified of a C&P by now although I've heard of others that have waited longer. Why don't you ask your SO to look into it?

If you believe your stroke to be service connected and think a doctor will agree that it is at least as likely as not due to your service, I'd file otherwise let it lie.
  18. jcdanner

jcdanner New Member

ptsd CLAIM INFO

Tin can man I thought I would have heard something by now too. I"ll just let the stroke be . Tomorrow is the day my SO is in his office I"ll go see him had an appointment with my primary care Dr. and psychatris <can"t spell>mental health doubled my depression medicine
  19. Spaceman

Spaceman New Member

mr Adkins it is post trauma stress disorder