Can the VA hospital help

Discussion in 'Disability' started by Mitchell Williams, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Mitchell Williams

Mitchell Williams New Member

Can the VA hospital help me file for disability on an injury that happen 10 years ago. I was in when it happened. No I've reinjured it and am having alot of problems that I can't get fixed.
  2. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

Generally, The VAMC is not prepared assist a veteran in filing a claim for compensation, nor do they process such claims. You need to turn those in to the VA Regional Office. If you need help filing a claim, you can get that help by asking for a National Service Officer from one of the Veterans Service Organizations such as the DAV, VFW, AL, MoPH, VVA etc. Many of them are co-located at the VARO or VAMC in addition to their own offices.

The VAMC can help you submit a form 10-10EZ requesting medical services for your condition if you bring your DD-214 in. You will be treated a a Priority 8 veteran until such time as your claim for compensation is awarded. You will also have to pay a co-pay fee unless you are servicee connected. If you have problems locating a NSO, let us know and we can look one up that you can contact.

You can also apply for compensation, pension and health care benefits using an electronic submission system at VONAPP: http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp/main.asp

After you login, choose which form you want to fill out.

Understand, compensation and health care are two different animals and are requested separately.