College for dependents

Discussion in 'Education Benefits' started by dannyklord, Feb 7, 2005.

1. dannyklord

dannyklord New Member

My wife has decided to get a higher degree. Do benifits apply to online courses?
    Also, I have a son that is in a special needs program. I want him to have all the resorces he is intitled to, but I do not want to jepordize his current program.
  2. SSGTVOL

SSGTVOL Super Moderator Staff Member

Are your dependents eligible for CH 35 benefits? I know lots of people who are taking online classes and GI Bill/Voc Rehab/CH 35 is paying for them. Some are getting their degree entirely online.

Vol
  3. TheWolfman

TheWolfman New Member

Chapter 35 benefits

So here it is, as long at the College or instituition is VA approved as well as the degree program is VA approved, for the Chapter 35 DEAP benefits you do not have to be face to face, and online classes are certainly valid. Check with the college to see what they consider full-tim, 3/4 time and 1/2 time as that is what will dictate your payment amounts per month.

Keep in mind that if you take a course, wether it be online or in class, you must receive a GPA and it must run the full-length of the quarter/semester in order to receive a full payment. The GI Bill does not fund non-punitive GPA classes, i.e. W,WP,Pass/Fail,WF and NC courses. However, if you are in a technical degree and a Pass/Fail full-length class is required to graduate the GI bill will fund it for you.

Also remember, receiving a W,WP, or WF and even a Pass/Fail at the end of a quarter the VA will want their money back for that course. However, keep in mind that they are taking your money they gave you back but refunding time on your benefits to the total 45 months you are originally allotted.
  4. Debbie Gregory

Debbie Gregory New Member

I know a company who provides benefits on higher education. So you can make your wife complete her higher studies. Also you son can get benefits of educational programs rum by them.