CRDP as of 21 Dec 05

Discussion in 'Disabled American Veterans' started by maxtor, Dec 21, 2005.

1. maxtor

maxtor Member

can anyone translate these two paragraphs the came out on VETSPAC on 21 Dec 05. paragraph 1 sounds like it is going to start in 2006 and end in 2009 and paragraph 2 sounds like we wont get anything till oct 09. that just dont make sense to me. cant these people express theirselves a bit more plainly.

(1) Only a reduced version of CRDP IU phase-in passed and costs $800M less. A CBO estimate for direct spending for the shortened CRDP IU phase-in is $164M between 2006-09, and follows a considerable increase in retiree benefits since 2002.

(2) The CRDP IU phase-in pay increase will only take place in 2009, after the end of the phase-in period, according to the OSD office of Compensation Policy. The new law also eliminates the DOD "policy review" that many hoped would lead to a parity between 100% disabled and those rated as 100% for unemployability.
  2. ncr44d

ncr44d New Member

This is the english version of what happened. I got this off the MOAA.ORG website. It's a great source for following CDRP issues and they have the full issue update under retiree issues....

ssue: Congress needs to fully eliminate the law that makes most disabled uniformed services retirees forfeit part or all of their military retired pay for VA disability compensation.

....Last year, the FY 2005 Defense Authorization Act authorized immediate full concurrent receipt of retired pay and veterans’ disability compensation for qualifying 100 percent disabled retirees. Most recently, the FY 2006 Defense Authorization Act accelerated the concurrent receipt phase-in for qualifying retirees rated 100 percent due to individual unemployability from Jan. 1, 2014 to Oct. 1, 2009. The phase-in will continue without change until Oct. 1, 2009 at which time the full amount of retired pay that is still offset by VA disability compensation will be reinstated.
  3. McClureD48

McClureD48 New Member

Quote - CRDP 90% for 2007???

Hi, I am new this organization, would anyone be able to hazard a guess as to what the updated CRDP amount will be for 90% for 2007 might be? Thanks and have a great day!

4. shadowcat5205

shadowcat5205 New Member

As previously mentioned the MOAA seem's to have the most up to date information concerning CRS and CRDP. I hope the links I copied and pasted below work.

I am retired Army (30 years). I retired in Dec. 05, filed my VA Claims in Jan 06 and recieved a 70% rating in February 07. The long wait was all in the claims process. Once I recieved the VA rating it only took DFAS and the VA about 2 months to amend my pay for the crs and crdp. That being said, I am still waiting (9 months later) for the back pay.

As for your question - its impossible to answer without knowing your retired pay rate or if you are married or single.

http://moaa.org/lac_issues_news_crsc_crdp_charts.htm

http://moaa.org/quicklist/serv_bene...dp/serv_benefits_pay_crdp_payment_process.htm
  5. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

...and you will probably be waiting a bit longer. DFAS has said they're working on the last 25% of the legacy group and won't start to work on folks with new awards till that's done.