Crdp

Discussion in 'Disability' started by raeearl, May 22, 2010.

1. raeearl

raeearl New Member

I am a 20 yr retiree and I was told by my VSO that they will be phasing in all payments of CRDP to all veterans with va disabilities no matter what percentage you are. I can't find anything that states this. I am currently at 40% disabled with 20% on my back and 30% for depression. I currently am appealing the award they gave me for my back and asking for another 10%. I know you get the CRDP automatically when you get to 50%, but is it true that they are phasing in all percentages soon? I have friends who are collecting CRDP payments and spent only 2-4 yrs in the military and they have retired from a state or say caterpillar job and also receiving a great retirement from them. I don't think its fair. Thanks.
  2. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

No, every year some legislator has added that provision to the NDAA ...and every year it gets stripped out. This year is no different. The process isn't predictable. anything can happen but money is tight. I don't give it any better chance than it's had since 2004. Not likely.
    Someone is blowing smoke up your behind. CRDP is only payable to Chapter 71 (those with 20 or more years) military retiree's.
    Chapter 61 (disability) retiree's are entitled to CRSC but their retirement is recalculated based on years of service when calculating it. Someone with 2-4 years would wind up getting a few pennies. It ain't no pot of gold.

In life, the best ya can do is hope for justice.
  3. raeearl

raeearl New Member

Much thanks Tin Can Man. Lets hope that this coming year things will change for the good of the veteran retiree. Thanks for serving your country.