Crdp

Discussion in 'Disability' started by Jack, Jan 30, 2005.

1. GreenBeret

GreenBeret New Member

Not Navy. AGR Active Guard Reserve) working with Army Reserves since 1987. 13 years with Special Forces as a 18B40 (Special Forces Weapons Sergeant) Active Duty and Reserves give me over 36 years with 26 of those on AD as AGR. My screen name for almost every web forum I belong to is either GreeBeret or GreenBeanie.

2. One-Zero

One-Zero New Member

GB,
    Ok, the 'Navy' listed under your branch was throwing me off. I started out as an weapons guy as welland held two other 18 MOSs...just retired last Sept.
    Don't want to hijack crdp thread with unrelated chatter though. have a good one.
    1-0
  3. SFC Ret

SFC Ret New Member

You must be at least a Msgt with 26 AD... :D

I was also AGR, working with the Army National Guard since 1987... 31 yrs total, 21 for pay.... I am still awaiting word on my claim(s) to see if I get over that 50% mark.... seems that is the goal to reach. Not exactly sure how CRDP works and am trying to understand it.

Hope it works for you....
  4. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

CRDP is a relatively simple program but calculating how much phase-in you get in any particular year confuses many.

There's an error on the calculating page now that the NDAA 08 authorizes Chapter 61 retirees entitlement to CRDP.
  5. GreenBeret

GreenBeret New Member

:(
    I am retiring as a MSG with 38 years service (reserve & AGR) 26 years AFS. I have no doubt of getting a halfway decent claim. I also have sued my civilian doctor for disabling me for the remainder of my life. Of course, I would give it all up just to have the use of my hand back. :(
  6. TXChief

TXChief New Member

CRDP Questions

I just got my disability rating from the VA. Rated 100%.
    Im retired Navy with 22 yrs.
    Now my question is how does all this work?
    Before my rating I got $2376 retiment before taxes and alotments. Now my staement says based on information received from the VA my CRDP is $2430.
    And my VA letter says I should get $2571 a month.
    Will I get the $2430 and the $2571 or what? Any help you can give will be help full.
    I never claimed my son since he will graduate from college on May 10th. Should I go back and claim him for the time he was a dependent?
  7. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

Before the days of CRDP, retirees had to waive an amount of their retainer check equal to whatever compensation the VA was giving. After CRDP, the idea was to replace whatever you'd waived with CRDP until 2014 when you will get all your earned retirement and all your VA compensation.

Presently, your VA compensation is greater than retirement. In that case, CRDP will equal your retirement check. You should get whatever your retirement check comes to as CRDP and you should get all your VA compensation.

You say your VA compensation should be $2571. I can't find that figure in the Compensation Rate Tables. Is that a correct number?
  8. TXChief

TXChief New Member

Sorry is it shows $2527 had the orignal award in my mind which was $2471.
    It took a year to get this settled so from 1 March 2007 till 1 Dec 2007 it should have been $2471 then Dec 1 2007 $2527.00

Also they are giving me it with out dependents, but I have a son still in college till May 2008. Should I go through to p[aper work for these short few months or just let it be.
  9. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

Ahhh... those are better numbers. I can't tell you to apply or not for dependents, it's your money. You have to do the right thing for yourself. I've been paying taxes into the system for 50 years. If the government owed me money, I'd want it.

You'll also have to be diligent in telling them when to stop also. Otherwise you'll wind up owing them. They can be brutal in collecting.
  10. Master Gunner

Master Gunner New Member

Dav

For those who are having a tough time, visit your local DAV office. These guys really helped me with forms, files...everything. I can't say enough good things about them.

My local chapter is in Killeen Texas. I'm a life time member now.

Here's the link:

http://www.dav.org/

All the best

MG
  11. Master Gunner

Master Gunner New Member

12. joebo1

joebo1 New Member

Jack,

I have 100% due to Major Heart Attack while on Active duty. After retiring in 1985 with a 30% VA award for Heart, I was upgraded in 2005 to a 70% Heart and a 10 % A/O Diabetes condition. VA gave me 100% and paid me about $2,585.00 Tax free per month. Hope that helps.
    Joe Bonpensiero
    Lt.Colonel, USAF Ret
  13. bumblebee8472

bumblebee8472 New Member

hi i have 100% service connection due to iu from ptsd and i have ssdi but i am getting and c&p exam done to try to get increased to 100% t&p does anyone think i have a chance at getting t&p honestly and also i would like to know if anyone thinks i would be eligible to recieve crdp. any comments would be appreciated
  14. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

No one anywhere can tell you that unless we had your "C" file in front of us.
  15. bumblebee8472

bumblebee8472 New Member

well what criteria doea a veteran have to meet to recieve crdp am i eligible just by reading my statement u think thanks, and what do u mean by "c " file tincanman?
  16. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

You are eligible for CRDP if you are retired military and receiving compensation at a rate 50% or greater. It's automatic. A "C" file is the claims file the VA Regional office has on you. It contains your DD-214's, Military Personnel file, Service Medical records and all claims and decisions to date along with the results of all C&P exams.
  17. bumblebee8472

bumblebee8472 New Member

i dont have 20 years or more in service i am just 100% iu does that mean i am still eligible or no
  18. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

It means you are not eligible. To be eligible, you must be retired and have at least 20 years of service.
  19. maxtor

maxtor Member

Dfas

Did anyone SC 60-90% receive a letter of Retro for CRDP? I receive mine today and it explained a few things and when they were starting and the sequence they would be doing it.
  20. terces

terces New Member

New to the boards here and glad I found this place. I’ve been trying to find out info about CRDP Retro. Retired July 2006 but it took VA over a year to finalize my claim to the original date in July 2006. I’m rated 70%. CRDP/VA payments didn’t start til Oct 2007.

What kind of information did the notice give? Any kind of timeline?