CRSC versus CRDP

Discussion in 'VA Procedures' started by Guarango, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Guarango

Guarango New Member

I retired on disability in 1985. 15 years in USAF. Due to new legislation I am able to apply for CRSC. I will also be applying to VA for IU as haven't been able to work for 4 years due to disabilities. If VA agrees to IU and the Air Force to CRSC, which would be more beneficial to me? If only 20% of disability is combat related, do I still get 2.5% of base pay?

HELP!

Thanks all
  2. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

Guarango:

I guess I'm going to have to plead ignorance here wrt the new CRSC entitlements for Chapter 61 retiree's. The authorizing legislation still hasn't been enacted. Understand Senate dragging their feet. I also hear different things about exactly what those entitlements are. I need to get up to speed on this but sources making explanations are saying different things. Some sites talk about an offset between CRSC and VA comp. Others say nothing. There is no offset for Chapt 71 folks at all. I think we have to wait and see how the law is implemented before we make decisions. Perhaps someone else has been watching this closer than I.