dong ha mountain

Discussion in 'Find a Veteran' started by jokurone, Nov 14, 2004.

1. jokurone

jokurone New Member

any guys out there that were up there in 69-70?
  2. will

will New Member

I was in con thien (A4), C2, and Quang Tri looking up at you. What were you all doing up there? What could you see along rocket ridge?
    robert fredrick likes this.
  3. johnjmcgowan

johnjmcgowan New Member

1966 1967

Was up in that area in 66 67. That place could really ruin your day.
  4. slapyo

slapyo Administrator Staff Member

I found a few things. Hopefully it will help you out.

Found another man who was at Dong Ha Mountain 67-69 and 70-72, Donald DeLano ([email protected]).

5. AMERICAL68

AMERICAL68 New Member

I was with the Americal Div in 67-68 and did a little busness up that way. Camp Eagle rings a bell for me.
    JR
  6. unca joe

unca joe New Member

I was there!

I served with Batt. F/26th Arty from 12/69-11/70 and rotated from Dong Ha CB to LZ Fuller every few weeks my entire tour. We Were the guys with the BC scope at the highest point on the hill.
  7. unca joe

unca joe New Member

I served with Batt. F/26th Arty from 12/69-11/70 and rotated from Dong Ha CB to LZ Fuller every few weeks my entire tour. We Were the guys with the BC scope at the highest point on the hill.
    robert fredrick and Russ like this.
  8. robert fredrick

robert fredrick New Member

Hi Joe, My name is Bob Fredrick. I was with F Battery 26th FA Sept. 1969 to Sept. 1970. I was stationed at Conthien for most of my tour I was in the 239th Radar detachment. I spent 2 weeks on Dong ha Mountain in July 1970. A friend of mie Bill Sawyer was killed on Dongha Mountaim July 24th 1970 from a shrapnel wound to the chest. Im glad you made it back. Your new friend Bob Fredrick:)
  9. Shawn Wozencraft

Shawn Wozencraft New Member

First let me say Thank You to all of you for your service on this Memorial Day.

I was doing research this morning into my Uncle who was killed by small arms fire (according to the info I have found) on Dung Ha Mountain on 5-20-1970. I ran across this thread in my research and was wondering if any of you served or knew Warren Lynn Wozencraft (AKA "Doc")? He was with Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 2nd Battalion, 94th Artillery, 108th Artillery Group.

Thanks again,
    Shawn Wozencraft
  10. george varner

george varner New Member

Hi Shaun
    My name is George Varner. I was in US Army 1/5 Infantry Quang Tri from April 1970 until Dec 1970. I was in Sensor Platoon and was on Dong Ha mountain several times in May and June. The outpost was defended by ARVNs of 1st ARVN Div. I believe I was there when your uncle was killed although I did not know his name at the time. There were very few Americans there, 3 of us from Sensors and a few artillery guys. There was also an American medic. There was an American officer killed by a sniper my second day there. I think this was probably your uncle as the time frame seems to be the same. I am sorry for your family's loss and I hope this information helps. My email is [email protected].
  11. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

Shaun.. I know this is not much in the way of information concerning your uncle, but on the off-chance you did not obtain this information during your research, this link will take you to information posted on the Virtual Wall.
    My deepest condolences for your family's loss.
    I served in Quang Tri City, Quang Tri Provence from July 1969 to July 1970. The city is about 10 km south of Dong Ha combat base, in general vicinty of Dong Ha mountain. I did not know your uncle, but I served with MACV, as did your uncle. His Silver Star attests to heroism in combat.
    http://www.virtualwall.org/dw/WozencraftWL01a.htm
  12. silas asher

silas asher New Member

silas asher was there 69-70 I knew w.l. sawyer still remember .
  13. Russ

Russ New Member

69/70, Russ Hunter / F / 26th Arty, Any one email me with any info on Russell
    Hunter ([email protected]
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  14. Russ

Russ New Member

BOB FREDRICK COME BACK, Talk to me. Email me [email protected] I need to talk to you. Do you remember me.? email me then I will give you my cell #.
  15. Russ

Russ New Member

I was on the hill also, Think back. I have a funny tat of a bird on my left armIf you remember me email me [email protected] I have question, Please remember, Russ
  16. Russ

Russ New Member

I am Russell Hunter, Robert please email me,[email protected]
  17. Russ

Russ New Member

Anyone from 69/70 mos of 17D20 Please email me, I need to talk, I need help,[email protected] PLEASE
  18. robert fredrick

Hi Unca Joe, I was on dong ha mountain june of 1970 with f batt. 26th fa counter mortar radar det Did you guys get a lot of incoming mortar rounds?Please let me know. Thanks Bob Fredrick
  19. robert fredrick

Hi Russ. I tried to email you but no response. My email is [email protected]
  20. robert fredrick

Did you get a lot of incoming mortar rounds on dongha mountain. [email protected]