Feedback On Medicare.....

Discussion in 'Social Security' started by C-1/7MARINE, Jul 16, 2008.

1. C-1/7MARINE

C-1/7MARINE New Member

I am 100% P+T and just received an award from Social Security for my disabilities and I will be eligible for Medicare in November. I need some feedback about Medicare? Do I need A, B, or D? I receive good care at VAMC-Asheville, hospital, doctors, medications but I am wondering about having all my eggs in 1 basket. I would appreciate any feedback. SEMPER FI
  2. vnvetlester

vnvetlester Member

When you sign up for Medicare, you will automatically get part A and B. You will have to see on the application if you qualify for part D. I am covered with A and B and I also use the VA medical. The VA will want to know if you are on Medicare and will copy the info. on the card the SSA sends you. I have my Medicare just in case I need to use it away from a VA medical Center. I go to the VA beacuse I like their service and care and the VA here is also a learning hospital for the University of Kentucky Hospital.
  3. C-1/7MARINE

C-1/7MARINE New Member

Vnvetlester, Thanks for the feedback. SSD sent me the application already I guess I'll sign up for A+B to be on the safe side.
  4. cusuhao8686

cusuhao8686 New Member