Get the word out, Veterans Resources flyer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TinCanMan, Sep 4, 2007.

1. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

Folks:

I've created a couple files to help us get the word out about VRO. If you place value in Veterans Resources, please help us get the word out to other veterans. There are many vets getting left behind when it comes to Veterans Benefits. VRO can help reduce that. The file VROPoster.pdf is essentially a flyer you can post on public bulletin boards or send to your friends. VLogoText.pdf are pull tabs you can attach to the bottom of the poster. Print them out. Trim them to 8.5 inches and glue to the bottom of the poster. Slit between each item to make it easy for interested persons to tear off the web address and stick it in their wallet.

Try to be responsible when you post them and avoid locations where they might not be welcome as our address is on them. We don't want to get a bad reputation. I usually hit the public boards in buildings where I work, local supermarkets, community colleges, the VAMC, public library's. You get the idea, Happy hunting.

Attached Files:

2. 173rd Herdman

173rd Herdman New Member

Good Job!

TinCanMan!
    Thank's again Brother! I've put two in the Post Office here in Maine and the're both been taken! Not stolen, just taken one at a time! The Postmaster said a lot of people have even wriiten the address down so they'd leave some for others. It's a big hit here, and hope that they all join this site!

P.S. I've printed a bakers dozen (13) so he can put them up for me too!
  3. sooner1938

sooner1938 New Member

As a follow-up to what TCM has said, y'all might want to read this .
  4. nurseflo

nurseflo Member

I like this!! I'll have my daughter help me figure it out.
  5. BLUEKNIGHT

BLUEKNIGHT New Member

Hi, just registered and find this interesting.

For TCM, just printed and will post. I also printed on the right side of the front page for more and cut each horizontally for easy dispensing.

For sooner1938, I read and found added state vets' info for Texas.

I'm a SMSgt (E-8), USAF retired in San Antonio and presently at 80% VA disabled (non-combat) and awaiting further review for Agent Orange illnesses for my year at RTN U-Tapao, Thailand, during the Vietnam war.
  6. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

Thanks BlueKnight, everything we can do to get the word out and help vets is appreciated.
  7. rwkxxx

rwkxxx New Member

I am very happy to have found this site and will be visiting many times.
    I live in Palm Bay, Fla. and am 100% disabled from Atomic test I was in.

Bob
  8. LesFex

LesFex New Member

I am very glad to found this site..Looking forward to see such interesting posts
  9. uncle don

uncle don New Member

1970-vet-nam-filed PTSD-april 07-have group mettings-C&P EXAM VERY SOON.How long for results?? How long for checks?? wonderful website tincan man -ATLANTA GA.
  10. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

How long does it take? No one really knows the answer to that question. It takes what it takes and is dependant on many things. Additionally, the claims process isn't like tracking a FedEx package where each step brings the package closer to it's goal. Your claim may go back and forth between development and the raters multiple times as new information leads to more requests from other agencies for verification. It also might go back and forth to the VAMC for a C&P several times depending on how well the examiner documented the requirements of the decision maker. Knowing where it is and where it's been doesn't provide a guarantee of "what's left". Some simple claims might be adjudicated in 6 weeks but more complex claims might take 18 mos or more. How busy is the VARO, How many issues are you claiming? How much evidence supporting the claim did you submit and how much evidence does the VA have to try and obtain from other agencies? All of these things might affect your claim. They might also make decisions on some simple issues and defer the more complex ones.

Here's a link to a GAO study regarding VA claims processing. Co-incidentally, it contains a flowchart of the claim process as it was in 2000:

www.gao.gov/archive/2000/h100146t.pdf

Scroll down about two thirds the way to find the chart . You can see that there are many steps in the claims process so even if you're familiar with the process you can't judge with any degree of accuracy how much longer your claim will be at any certain point.

FWIW, Veterans Resources isn't my website. It belongs to Donald LaCuran. He created it as a tribute to his father who is a disabled veteran. I'm just another veteran just like you but I happen to have picked up the inside poop on how the VA works.

Welcome to VRO.
  11. uncle don

uncle don New Member

I am claiming PTSD and AO-i have a letter from the va medical center,signed by the Psychologist,Psychiatrist and the Social Worker telling about my treatment,and stating that i have PTSD and that i have impaired functions across several domains,including interpersonal interactions and employability.Do you think this will help,Is all i do now is hurry up and wait ??
  12. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

This is just one of the three elements necessary to a successful claim.

For what it's worth, Every successful claim has three elements:

1. Appropriate military service
    2. A diagnosis of a compensable disease or condition
    3. A nexus or connection between 1 & 2

PTSD claims also require a "stressor" letter unless your stressor was caused by combat or your PTSD was diagnosed while still on Active Duty.

1. is usually satisfied by your DD-214 or your Service Records.
    2. is usually provided by a medical professional licensed to provide a diagnosis
    3. is also usually provided by a medical professional that has examined your Service Records and can make the connection based on the evidence in your records. He cannot rely exclusively on your testimony regarding events and must provide a medically and scientifically supportable rationale for his opinion.

The stressor letter must describe the situation that you think caused your PTSD and it must be verifiable.

You are going to wait till the VA has the resources to process your claim and obtain the necessary varification. If you are receiving treatment and want the VARO to consider what your treating physicians have to say, you must tell the VARO their contact information. The VARO does not necessarily check with your physicians unless you tell them to do that. Other than that, I don't know where the "hurry up" part comes in. You can submit your claim/evidence on whatever timeframe you choose.
  13. jeremy

jeremy New Member