HELP finding a lawyer for EEOC complaint

Discussion in 'Disabled American Veterans' started by james sutton, May 23, 2016.

1. james sutton

james sutton New Member

I am a veteran with PTSD, depression and anxiety problems. I was diagnosed in 2011 by the VA in Illinois. At the time I was working as a supervisor in a chemical plant. I had never been written up and was promoted above my peers because of my process knowledge and flawless safety record. I was also given monetay awards for my safety improvements and supervisory abilities.

In 2015 I was terminated, no reason was given other than their claim that I was performing below standards. All of my performance reviews indicated I was meeting or exceeding standards, it was also noted I had the most process knowledge of any of the supervisors. I received no write-up indicating I had done anything wrong and the company refused to provide me with my personnel records to backup the termination.

I filed a complaint with the EEOC who investigated and gave me a right to sue letter dated March 2, 2016. I've been trying since last August to find a lawyer to represent me. No one has been willing to take my case and my 90 days to be able to file ends June 2nd.

I am still waiting on a copy of the EEOC investigators findings, not sure if that is why no lawyers will take my case because I don't have the full file on hand. I don't have the money for a high profile lawyer out of Chicago just to look at my case. All have requested a minimum of 33% of anything I receive from a court or settlement which I am completely fine with. I do not however have what most lawyers require in anywhere from $500 just to hear about the case to as much as $2000-$3000 upfront fee and 33% of any settlement.

I'm about out of time, I need help finding a lawyer willing to file the case on my behalf. I'm currently residing in North Carolina and need a lawyer in Illinois to file in a federal court in Illinois....one wonders why the federal government would make it so hard for a plaintive to get anything done.

If anyone can help or knows of anyone who would hear my case please let me know.

Thankyou
  2. Odelette Despins

Odelette Despins New Member

I can't help you in getting a lawyer for your help but I can suggest that can help you come out of depression, stress, anxiety. Depression is one of the most common emotional states that humans experience. Anxiety about the depression is what makes you feel overwhelmed and lost. Managing your anxiety can help you find a way out of depression. Anxiety can take on many forms. There are many natural ways to cure depression so if you are working to avoid prescription sometimes drugs can definitely achieve your goal. You can also consult a psychic like Voyance Direct for help if natural ways or any other ways are not working for them. You can search for some lawyers by looking online in your area.