Help Please

Discussion in 'Disability' started by lobo11, Dec 24, 2006.

1. lobo11

lobo11 New Member

I am a Non Service Conected disabled vet, 100% P&T drawing Aid and attendance, (Brain Operation so im not the sharpest knife in drawer) how often do we have to be examined, I hate to move, no balance, can't talk or write, no death perception in eyes, don't dream, have panic attacks all the time long and short term memory loss, am afraid of being around other people,
    well the list goes on and on, I live in Panama City, Florida, No VA Hospital here, nearest VA Hospital is in Montgomery, ALA (7 Hours away), what I would like is to see everyone I am supposed to see on 1 visit, there is a out patient clinic here, but one day it's the Primary Doctor, the next day the Head doctor (Psychiatrist) next day any tests or blood work they want done ,
    all this moving around and all the people is real rough on me, how often do you have to be examined, thanks to all who reply.:confused:
  2. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

lobo:

Not quite sure how to answer your question as it doesn't seem to have come up before. I've never heard of anyone on a NSC-Pension being re-examined. Not saying it doesn't happen, I've just never heard of it. In the case of compensation awards, re-examinations can occur every 2-3 years until it's determined the veterans condition will not improve. Additionally, vets over age 65 are not routinely re-examined at all.

I've sent in a query to the VA's IRIS query system regarding your question. If they answer correctly at all, I should have an answer in 3-5 working days.

You can also try the "ask a VSO" link at the top of this page.

Go here for Acronyms, Initialisms, and Abbreviations
  3. lacyben

lacyben New Member

Not to confuse the matter but are you asking about examinations for Pension re-examinations or just scheduled examinations by your doctors? Getting all your appointments on the same day can be done. Usually blood test are done with yearly physicals and you can get the nurse to get the doctor to schedule it for you on you appointment day.I usually ask the Doctor during my visit when makeing my next appointment and if not I call the nurse.I have my Psych appointments and my Primary Doctor apointments on the same day by changeing one or the other. You can usually do that if you know far enough in advance. A visit or call to the patient advocate may be your best bet though. Best of luck and Merry Christmas
  4. lobo11

lobo11 New Member

Thank you botth for your replys, No I have not been asked to be re-examined, I was just wondering if I was required to do so
  5. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

I got a response back from the IRIS Query system and it is pretty much what I expected They said: "It depends on the case." ...and they didn't bother to expand on that. Sheesh, no wonder folks get frustrated with them.
  6. lobo11

lobo11 New Member

Thanks for all your help man.
    You said and I quote: no wonder folks get frustrated with them
    Hmmm, well how about jfKGFYIFGBFEHHF with them, hehe:eek: