I Support this project

Discussion in 'Homeless Veterans Information' started by Citizenlink, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Citizenlink

Citizenlink New Member

As a citizen in Pittsburgh, PA working with low income families, youth and social development, I welcome the Beacon House in Pittsburgh, PA. I so wanted to start something similar for the Veterans who are unruly treated upon arrival to their homeland. It sickens me the treatment that many receive by our own government. I am glad to hear that this is, or will be here close to home. (My idea was "Welcome Home" (but I think that was used already!)).

I am curious to where is the location of the new Beacon House and when or is it up and running, so I may refer Veterans?

I am also willing to extend whatever outreach I can.

Please advise.

Have a great day!:)
  2. spg1968

spg1968 New Member

Look in to Veterans Leadership Program of Western PA www.vlpwpa.org
    and Veterans Place of Washington Boulevard
  3. DonaldN

DonaldN New Member

Copy of an email I sent to many supporters of those expelled from VVnW by the DICTATOR OF THE VVnW and his frauline.

I cut the following from the Veteran Leader Forum Link below. Please let me know if any of you have any information regarding a Beacon House in or planned for Pittsburgh, PA

I believe this person should be very cautious in who he supports. I opened the link provided by
    "Citizenlink
    I Support this project
    As a citizen in Pittsburgh, PA working with low income families, youth and social development, I welcome the Beacon House in Pittsburgh, PA."

I also opened the reply and link to the VLP of Western PA provided by: spg1968

"Look in to Veterans Leadership Program of Western PA www.vlpwpa.org
    and Veterans Place of Washington Boulevard".

This link (www.vlpwpa.org) shows an organization who has the plight of the veteran fully in mind, and is actually providing USEFUL services to our veterans. Unlike the VVnW who only provides methods to donate money to themselves. VVnW does not have as many fully operational Beacon Houses as the say!

I'm certain the two contributors above have the veterans welfare and not their own in mind.

DonaldN
    Semper Fi