Is anyone losing health benefits?

Discussion in 'Health Care Benefits' started by taijidennis, Feb 19, 2006.

1. taijidennis

taijidennis New Member

I'm a 7C ex-Navy vet in Texas who has had health benefits for the last several years and steered many other vets to the VA. Am I correct that since 2003 vets making more than $26K are put on hold or turned down for health benefits? Also: I was under the impression that once enrolled we are in for good. I recently got a fiancial disclosure form linked to my means test anniversary date asking for income level and total worth. I don't think I'm above the limit (I teach) but I don't know what the total worth limit is. Has anyone heard of vets losing health benefits once they've got them for fiancial or other reasons? Any help would be much appreciated. Dennis
  2. mjames

mjames New Member

I am not sure, but it was my understanding that vets making more than the 26k were or would be resposible for part of any care received at any VA clinic. Being enrolled was always dependent on the means test that we take every year. I had never heard about the total worth part, maybe i will be getting mine on my anniversary. I dont believe that vets will lose health benefits, but might have to pay part of the cost if income changes.
  3. Bill #2

Bill #2 New Member

I just joined up in this web page. I can tell you they will kick you out after you have been accepted. You know when i joined the USCG in 1967 and give them 6 years i was told i would have med. benifits. I was lucky enough thought my life to have health care through my wifes employment so i didnt need the VA, well owning my own business and with business falling off like it is we could lose everying thing we have worked for. I was accepted last year to the va for med. nothing changed for the good in the last year and this year they kicked me out. This is just wrong.
  4. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

If by they, you mean the VA Medical system. that's correct. Once you enroll you must see a medical practitioner at least once a year or you will be dis-enrolled and will then have to submit another 10-10EZ to be reconsidered for re-enrollment. You will have to meet whatever financial means test applies during a re-enrollment.

Sure, while you were serving and if you retired but no one ever promised anybody that by joining, you would have free medical for life,
  5. Kingsley

Kingsley Guest

Only those persons lose the health benefits who are not conscious about the use of the food and also not interested to do the exercise. I am sure these days every person is busy in his life but we should save a time for the exercise.
  6. MikesHeath

MikesHeath New Member

There is a limit to the annual earnings. You can live easily with 26k i guess.
    It is a really good money to live within.
  7. Jabandoo

Jabandoo New Member

Well when i signed up with the USCG in 1961 and provides them 4 years i was informed i would have med. benifits. I was lucky enough believed my life to have medical proper care through my wifes career so i did not need the VA well
    having my own company and with company dropping off like it is we could reduce everying thing we have proved
    helpful for.