Is it over?

Discussion in 'VVnW & The Veterans Coalition' started by bkinnam, May 20, 2005.

1. 3cav

3cav Member

Hey my friend you might have just started something here with your "Wannabe a Truck Driver", instead of all these limp dicks saying they were CIA or Rangers, Green Berets or SAS they might start saying they were clerks or cooks or storeman, it would be safer than saying you were special forces.
    I don't give a stuff what corp anyone was in if they a Vietnam Veteran that is OK by me. For any Austsralian Vietnam Veterans who might read this posting always remember that the Armoured Corps is the senior Arms in the Australian Army, the way it should be! :p
  2. joeblowj0

joeblowj0 New Member

Wanna be's

It appears to me that not only in national, but on post levels, I know some wanna be's running our post that other vietnam veterans fought so hard to start up. They did not go to the Nam, but walk around with that orange beret so the general public will respect them as Vietnam Veterans. They to are ruining our post homes. They wanna be a Nam vet so bad it's unreal. Let me tell you the best part. Now they want the same benifits the Nam Vet gets. I wasn't in Viet Nam, but I was in the military, they say.
    Let me told you one thing. I did not want to go to the Nam, but I was sent there. I did my duty, and watched my buddy's back when called upon. I did see combat. I was awarded a Bronze Star and a Field Promotion in Khe Sanh.
    It is not on my DD 214, but I know it was awarded to me. The General who awarded it told me so. Oh what the hell, I came home in one piece. My mind is not all there, but my body is in good health. The only wanna be I ever wanted, was to be a proud civilian again. I am, and will always be a proud Veteran, of the Vietnam War conflict, as they say. :p
  3. johnnya

johnnya New Member

VVnW Web-site

Just wanted to wish all of my Veteran Brothers & Sisters and their families a safe 4th of July.

Visited the VVnW web-site today and wanted to let you all know that there is not one mention of the 4th of July or any of the activities being held on the local or national level, "WHY", we are suppose to be a veterans organization that support the troops in arms way and our great leadership can’t take the time to acknowledge our fighting men & women? Must not be any CAMERA’S around.

Not sure if they are on another trip and didn’t have time to update the web-site, you know spending all that money takes time and planning. I guess this is what happens when you have NON-VETERANS running an AMERICAN VETERANS ORGANIZATION.

People, you got to wake up and get the word out to as many post members and members-at-large that we as American Veterans have to take back our organization and change the current administration. Run for a position on the national board and remember your voting is the only way to end this dictatorship that is in power.

If you’re involved with other veterans organizations ask them what they think of VVnW, most of them think were a JOKE, when I tell them that we have had over 25 members suspended within one year, and not one member received a hearing, first question they ask is why and then don’t you have BY-LAWS, that’s when I tell them how our by-laws got changed without the post or memberships approval only his national board.

Still in all the members of your local post and a lot of our members-at-large are "PEOPLE WHO CARE" even though I think that on a national level they have lost sight of what this organization was set up to do for the local veteran and their families. This organization with it’s non-elected officers have come down to,
    "NOT" what can national do to help your local post but how much money can you send to national, and by the way if you don’t send them money, look out they may take over your post and put one of their lackeys in your place.

TO ALL MY BROTHER & SISTERS SERVING, GOD BLESS AND BE SAFE.
  4. DonaldN

DonaldN New Member

Johnnya,

You're absolutely correct! VVnW has become a "joke" among the various Veterans organizations. They never did like us and now they regard us as "a joke". National don't seem to care about the Vietnam Vet as they used to. They don't realize posts are going to shut down because of national's actions and inaction. But, this is just what national wants. No posts means no one to be accountable to and no one to ask questions or inquire about finances. Because the at alrge members don't know what's happening.

Thanks to our United States Veterans and active duty military personnel of all branches we can celebrate the 4th of July Independence day as well as Memorial Day and Veterans Day. Even though national no longer does.
  5. Leo Gelsinger

Leo Gelsinger New Member

DonaldN
    It is a shame that at large posts are left out of the loop and to be handed a bunch of lies by a veteran wana be is next to the last straw.

TO ALL FELLOW VETERANS HAVE A SAFE 4TH OF JULY
  6. DonaldN

DonaldN New Member

Received this today! Share it!

4th of July Thought = Happy Birthday America!

To Kill An American

You probably missed it in the rush of news a few weeks ago, but there was actually a report that someone in Pakistan had published in a newspaper an offer of a reward to anyone who killed an American, any American.

So an Australian dentist wrote the following to let everyone know what
    an American is... so they would know when they found one. (Good on ya,
    mate!!!!)

An American is English, or French, or Italian, Irish, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian or Greek. An American may also be Canadian, Mexican, African, Indian, Chinese,
    Japanese, Korean, Australian, Iranian, Asian, or Arab, or Pakistani, or Afghan.

An American may also be a Cherokee, Osage, Blackfoot, Navaho, Apache, Seminole or one of the many other tribes known as native Americans.

An American is Christian, or he could be Jewish, or Buddhist, or Muslim. In fact, there are more Muslims in America than in Afghanistan. The only difference is that in America they are free to worship as each of them chooses.

An American is also free to believe in no religion. For that he will answer only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and for God.

An American lives in the most prosperous land in the history of the world.
    The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence , which recognizes the God given right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.

An American is generous. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need. When the Soviet army overran Afghanistan 20 years ago, Americans came with arms and supplies to enable the people to win back their country!

As of the morning of September 11, Americans had given more than any other nation to the poor in Afghanistan.

Americans welcome the best, the best products, the best books, the best music, the best food, the best athletes. But they also welcome the least.

The national symbol of America, The Statue of Liberty, welcomes your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed. These in fact are the people who built America.

Some of them were working in the Twin Towers the morning of September 11, 2001 earning a better life for their families. I've been told that the World Trade Center victims were from at least 30 other countries, cultures, and first languages, including those that aided and abetted the terrorists.

So you can try to kill an American if you must.
    Hitler did. So did General Tojo, and Stalin, and Mao Tse-Tung, and every
    bloodthirsty tyrant in the history of the world.
    But, in doing so you would just be killing yourself. Because Americans are not a particular people from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American.

Author unknown
  7. joeblowj0

joeblowj0 New Member

Mr. wanna be

If you will stop and look at Peter Forbes's past, you will see that he surrounds himself with wanna bees. You have a National Excecutive Director who wanted to change the by-laws so she could run for National Commander. That was shout down by the membership. She then, played up to an Austraillian wanna be to try for the BIG OFFICE again. This time it worked. You have two wanna bees in National, and they in turn are replacing the Post Commanders with wanna bees. The next step is to completely piss off the Vietnam Veterans so they will give up, and the wanna bees get the whole pie.
    The flaw in their plans that was not thought of may be. The true Vietnam Soldier did not put his or her head down when our country turned against us in Vietnam. In stead, they stood up and fought with determination to return home. We are now Vietnam Veterans, and again the true Vietnam Veteran will stand up with pride. The time will come when we will take this pride back. Pass the word around as to the goings on, an educate your fellow Nam Vets. We must get more vets to join the organization to help our cause. Tell them to join at the last minute, as not to give National added funds for their pleasures. We may have to take them out by election to prove what has been done, and then legal actions can be taken. When they are convicted of the crime,they should do the time. Removal from office is not justice, conviction is. :mad:
  8. joeblowj0

joeblowj0 New Member

bkinnam

Have you ever thought of running for office? looks like you are good at sturin people up. Good job.
    Have a happy forth my friends. ;)
  9. thumper178

thumper178 New Member

Brothers and Sisters
    I want to wish you all a belated Happy 4th. Been a little busy and didn't make it on to tell you.
    I am so surprised everyday with things going on. If our posts are closing why isn't national doing something about it. I have to agree with DonN that if there arent' any post to ask questions than the members at large will not have a chance to band together to do what the posts are doing.
    So lets back back to the basics.
    1. Let our AU Brothers and Sisters have the boats that are sitting on someones property. Give them back to them so that they can enjoy them and have the therapy that is needed for them.
    2. Open up the board meeting for the membership. So the members know what is going on and how votes are being taken.
    3. Lift the suspensions. Being that there were illegal in the first place.
    4. Stop these free memberships. There is nothing free in this world. How can you give something free and not expect something back.
    5. Return PHONE CALLS AND LETTERS that are sent. If I recall that is something that our so called new commander says he does. I AM STILL WAITING. Or are they roaming around the country side in camos. This could be WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    6. Stop sending your friends to meetings. YOU ATTEND THEM BEING YOU ARE PEOPLE WHO CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And don't insult me by telling me that WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR A VETERAN. Please don't. We do what we must do and the veterans that we do help are better today than before.
    7. Lets see you post the letters for the wannabees. The membership has the right to know that our past commander was telling lies. Built this organization on a lie - attended functions on a lie - and only told a few that he was sorry. WHY HASN'T THE MEMBERSHIP BEEN TOLD. PUT THAT IN YOU SO CALLED PAPER.
    If you want the members to be honest which many of them are. Than be honest with them.
    8. If am also curious the numbers in the voting on the last election. Where are the number for THAT. You always said how the vote went with numbers. Why so secret now. POST THE NUMBERS.
    Sorry for venting on here Brothers and Sisters. But they need to be accountable for their actions and answer the questions put to them.

You all be safe and continue to help you local veterans whoever they are. Past or Present because the fight is still there for the benefits that are needed.
    Thumper178
  10. bkinnam

bkinnam Member

Joeblowjo:
    Maybe sometime I will tell you who I am! You may know me maybe not! This name is a disguise. I find it easier if people don't know who I really am. Run for office! Can't, I'm not a member of this organization. With what I hear on this message board, I don't care to join it! I see the VVnW/Coalition may be a bunch that I care NOT to be a part of. I do know a lot of members in this organization and they are really upset with the goings on within the superstructure. Even the posts that I know the members of are irate because there is no communications from the national office down to the post level.

There used to be a guy in the past by the screen name Yamabushi that I saw was trying to answer questions on here, but I see he has given up, wonder why? It was my understanding the he was on the National Board! Has he done anything about this mess that they are in? I see nothing from him any more. Or has he completely sided with the other board members and the chief and the Chieftress of the organization?

Stirring things up? You bet! I was waiting for finality to all this crap that I see posted here. But I guess that it will not cease due to the lack of intelligence at the National Office by not responding to anything on this bulletin Board. I bet they read every post that is on this site pertaining to them. They probably think that it would be below them to put something on here.
  11. joeblowj0

joeblowj0 New Member

I am doing all I can,helping veterans. The problem is, VVnW National Headquarters does not REALLY WANT TO HELP VETERANS. It seems to me, through pass experence, that these people are only worried about themselves. I know you heard this story before. It looks like we will have to wait for elections to straighten out the VVnW. My question is , can we wait that long? I can be counted on to help, and I am doing what I can.
    Take care my friends. :mad:
  12. DonaldN

DonaldN New Member

reduced VVnW application fees for certain groups of Vets

Maybe they only help selected groups of veterans like indicated in the following links to THEIR web site! Maybe even forbesy is trying to make amends for ignoring the AU vets when in Australia.

If you cannot open this just go to the VVnW.org web site and open "Join VVnW".

Go to VVnW web site – Click on VVnw Logo with Vietnamese flag – scroll to “join VVnW" – open & view entire application including costs.

http://www.vvnw.org/About_VVnW/Application.pdf

Now go to back to VVnW web site – Click on VVnW-AU Logo with Australia flag – scroll to “join VVnW – open & view entire application including costs.

http://www.vvnw-au.org/About/APPLICATION - AU.htm

DUH! Is this why the American posts membership was increased to $25.00?
    Also, think about how the Exec. Dir. Likes to say “a veteran is a veteran” (But, apparently not our US veterans).

:mad:
  13. DonaldN

DonaldN New Member

VVnW - AU

I was sent the following information regarding the VVnW - Australian "posts".

Look carefully at the VVnW-AU member application (URL in the above posting).

It indicates that THERE ARE NO POSTS IN AUSTRALIA! They only have at large members.

Why does the VVnW-USA send financial support to only a few at-large members who may never see this money (national don't reveal any accounting for this) and the commander makes trips to Australia at VVnW expense if there is no posts to support??? Only a few misled Australian veterans who may or may not believe the VVnW is going to do things for them or perhaps even some who may have ties to an American vet whom they knew in Vietnam, are members there.

I compared the value of an Australian dollar to that of the U.S. dollar at today's rate (7/18/2005). It is 1 U.S. dollar = 1.33781 Australian dollar. Seems the dues down under are really a great bargain. Want to support the Australian VVnW? Apply for AU membership! It's cheaper & you get the same benefits of membership in the USA which = NOTHING! WHAT A @$#*$ DEAL, Huh? Imagine, after over 10 years the VVnW in Australia still don't have a post and can't get more members, BUT VVnw USA keeps sending $$$ & forbesy down there. They don't send the money back - but they keep sending forbesy back :-(. Has anyone ever wonder who controls the bank account in Australia for the Australian VVnW organization? Or how/if it is spent? Maybe that's how the Australian VVnW money gets distributed to the AU posts. Think so? :confused:
  14. rainvet

rainvet New Member

DonaldN ; VVnW - AU
    Why not sent the following information regarding the VVnW Australian "posts".
    to the Australian Gov't as well as the US Gov't and ask them to look into this and ask them to see if any Laws are bring broken in one or both Country. I had alots of Australian Soilders around me when I was in Vietnam in 68/69 and I can tell you the truth about them and how well of a Fighting machine they were. They was some bad boys back them and our country have always had there support and I for one think its time that we give them our support ! I will be traveling to AUSTRALIA! Next year If the LORD willing and May the LORD our GOD Bless them and There country of AUSTRALIA! RainVet!
  15. thumper178

thumper178 New Member

I am wondering why the increase in the membership dues as everyone else.
    And why does AU get a deal and not here. How many members are over there? Half dozen or so. There are thousands over here and no letter are going to the post giving them the authority to do that.
    Just when are they going to announce anything about this party in FL. Is it still on or not. No phone calls are being return to the membership here. Maybe the 800 number is not the true number and they want the member to use the regular number.
    Not sure why but it is strange because there are people in the office during the day. And where is the paid secretary the organization is paying for. You would think that someone on salary there would return calls. As they have state over and over.
    So I ask WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR A VETERAN TODAY..................
    My friends we are the organization. The backbone of the organization. When duty calls we are there. Rain or snow. So please call and have them answer the questions put forth to them and get a response that is not in mumble jumble. A good answer and respect for a veteran is something that is deserved. No more lies. ANSWER THE QUESTIONS. NOW.
    Open the board meetings as they where before. Let the membership see for themselves how things are going. And let them ask their question there as required.
    With post closings around the US ---- is this what they want. Us silent and do what they ask all the time. Send them their far share of money that is being raised by the members for their community. Our veterans who need our help here.
    The trips must stop. Money if any being sent to AU must stop. It is time for the Board to stand up and JUST SAY NO. Get the permission from the board to spend any monies. That is the way it was in the past.
    Keep the faith Brothers. Our government tried to shut us up before and we continued the fight.
    Thumper178
  16. DonaldN

DonaldN New Member

For 3CAV

3CAV, You could probably get this info to TW, the right person in AU. Maybe he already has a link to this site. What do you think? - DonaldN
  17. DonaldN

DonaldN New Member

18. DonaldN

DonaldN New Member

19. johnnya

johnnya New Member

Yo DonN

Is this something that only JARHEADS can buy or can us top of the line ex-Army buddies get one too?
  20. DonaldN

DonaldN New Member

reply to coin question.

Anyone can buy it! Eventually there will be one minted for each branch of service. I expect to buy the other's so I'll have a complete set of coins.

The US Mint chose to mint the USMC Coin first. Probably because the US Marines are known to be FIRST to fight, etc... ;) Semper Fi!

DonaldN