IU benefits

Discussion in 'Disability' started by aztecb, Aug 19, 2004.

1. aztecb

aztecb New Member

If you are 60% SC and 40% IU for a total 100% what are your benefits in addition to income.

Example: Do you get an ID card authorizing you for commissary and exchange priviledges.

Anything more?

Thank you for your time

aztecb
  2. stumpy

stumpy New Member

3. aztecb

aztecb New Member

Thank you Stumpy, this is gold!

Pass this address on to others AAFFES Homepage it is the commissary and exchange for shop by mail Avg 22% below retail and no sales tax.

once again ,

Thank you stumpy,

aztecb
  4. slapyo

slapyo Administrator Staff Member

5. stumpy

stumpy New Member

aztecb, if you check the date and time I posted that information for you, you will see I posted it 7 minutes after you asked for it. You need to drop in more often.
  6. aztecb

aztecb New Member

IU applied for now VA wants???????

Stumpy,

Is it usual for the VA to require a medical examine less than two years after I received a Service connected rating increase from 40% to 60%, because I applied for a IU. What should I expect the examiner to be looking for?

I aggravated my SC injury on the job and it kept me from working 6 months this year. I only had until next Feb 2005 to retire from a county public works supervisor job. (roads ) I was terminated( nothing personal just county rules). So I applied for the IU.

These are the valid reasons I applied for IU.

1. 60% is for a single disability
    2. Was terminated because I was unable to work Feb 5--Aug 5 2004 I
    still can't work.
    3. I will be 65 next Tuesday the 14th---no one is hiring except Walmart and I can't stand for more than a few minutes
    4. High school GED not the right kind of training for a desk job
    5. Because of a heart condition the Dr.'s will not fuse my back again.

Thank you for responding to my last posting. You are right I should log in more often.

I value your opinion and will be grateful for your input.

Aztecb
  7. stumpy

stumpy New Member

aztecb, I don't claim to be a VA expert, but I hear all the time that Veterans are getting asked for another C & P exam when they just had one. That is just part of the process I guess when your asking for additional benefits. This is your chance to explain whats going on to a VA doctor. If you could get a written statement from the doctor that refuses to fuse your back because of your heart condition, that would be a big help IMHO. I sure wish you good luck getting this rating, I know getting a good job at your age is difficult even if your healthy. Keep us posted on your dealings with the VA.
  8. aztecb

aztecb New Member

Stumpy, thanks for the reply.

The good thing about this, is the exam is only 10 days and a wakeup away and sometime in the next 60 to 90 days I will Know their thinking.

Thanks again Stumpy.
  9. maxtor

maxtor Member

added benefit

thought i would add that all orders over $49, shipping is free. good system, i use it all the time.

10. rainvet

rainvet New Member