Kuddo's for the Guys and TFL ?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by PapermanII, May 27, 2007.

1. PapermanII

PapermanII New Member

Hi Guys.

For starters, Slapyo, u doing a great job. This forum is laid out super; if someone with lots of computer skills has ideas that's great, but you have done a great job. :)

Second: For TinCanMan, Donald and Raiinvet, etc, I appreciate everything u guys do and say. I learn something new everytime I read this forum and not once have I emailed Slapyo and not received an answer almost immediately. You all are honest (hard to find anymore), always willing to help, first to say hey man, I made a mistake, this is the way it should be; you answer pretty quick (do u man this forum day and night, lol - maybe not so funny); but most of all u all care and for that I thank you. :) :)

Third: Just a question; On l July I am medicare qualified, have my card and have answered and returned the questionaire on do you have black lung, etc.
    I am under the impression that TFL will automatically kick in on that date? Will I be charged, I am 80% VA with IU. At present I am Tricare Standard. I am lost as to what happens and do not want 1 July to pass and not pay my fee for TFL if required. I appreciate all the VA does for me and frankly get a little angry when people put down the VA,(for many reasons which I will not go into at this time) (Lord knows I have said a lot to ask 1 question). I also, as u can tell from the above appreciate this forum.

Thanks guys.

PapermanII
  2. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

In order for you to remain eligible for TFL, you must sign up for Medicare Part "B" when you turn 65. Part "B" will cost you about $90/mo. I'm told the combination of Part "B" coupled with TFL pretty much covers all out of pocket expenses. You do not need to sign up for Part "D" as TFL prescriptions are much cheaper.

Now, here's something I need to check into. I recently heard that you might not have to sign up for Part "B" if you have an otherwise qualifying plan. Also, heard tell my GEHA plan was qualifying. I had been considering the possibility of suspending it when I retired and taking out Part "B". I sure don't want to pay for both. They're both about the same price but GEHA offers much more. Would rather have it. I have to check with SSA about that. It won't be long and I'll be Medicare eligible myself.
  3. PapermanII

PapermanII New Member

TFl ?

I have my Medicare card, starting l July they will be taking money from my Social Sec. Are u saying that I will not be eligiable for TFL until age 65, which is on 9 Jan 08? I left out some info, sorry; I am also 100 disabled thru SS. I just want to make sure that I don't mess up and miss TFL and want to know if it will cost me anything. No problem, just need to know so I can budget for it. Tks
  4. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

That complicates things a bit. TFL doesn't kick in till 65 and I know you need Part "B" to qualify. Not sure if you have to take out Part "B" in Jul (when you first become eligible) or Jan (when you are 65). Recommend you talk with Tricare folks to see when you must have Part "B" and with the SSA folks to see if you must have part "B" in Jul or can you wait till Jan w/o penalty
  5. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

OK, Just did a little research. It appears you must purchase Part "B" when you become eligible for Medicare or you will lose TFL. See this footnote on the TFL site: http://www.tricare.mil/tricaresmart/product.aspx?id=100&CID=0&RID=1

[footnote]*If you are under age 65 and eligible for Medicare because of a disability or end stage renal disease, you are required to purchase Medicare Part B, unless you are an active duty family member. Contact TRICARE For Life at 1-866-773-0404 for more information.

It'll be under Enrolling in "Medicare Part B" about a third the way down the page.

Your wife will need to take out Part "B" when she turns 65 also.
  6. PapermanII

PapermanII New Member

Tks

Thanks TCM, most appreciated. :) Mike
  7. abc160561b1

abc160561b1 Member

Chúc bác đắt khách nhé
  8. abc160561b1

abc160561b1 Member

Ủng hộ bạn