Malaria????

Discussion in 'General Medical' started by 173rd Herdman, Oct 14, 2007.

1. 173rd Herdman

173rd Herdman New Member

Has anyone ever heard of anyone getting comp for falciparum malaria?
    How do you get tested for residules???? Thanks!
  2. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

Malaria is a compensable condition. If you have the active condition where there is a presence of malarial parasites in your blood you will be compensated at 100% until they are eliminated. After that you get 0% for malaria and if you have residuals (complications) you can be rated for those. If you don't know you have complications, you probably don't. Ask your doctor if you do. In order to be rated for residuals, you will have to have a diagnosis of residuals by a physician licensed to make such a decision. That physician might be your own doctor or a C&P examiner from the VA. I'd recommend you see your doctor.
  3. 173rd Herdman

173rd Herdman New Member

Thank You!

Again TinCanMan, you are the man and always answer questions directly and promptly. I hope others ask you for your advice, and I'll be sure to let anyone that ask me questions to ask you as well. Again, I thank you for directness and knowledge! :)
  4. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

Thanks, appreciate the kind words. FWIW, there are others about that offer help from time to time. All our members have something to offer.

If you'd like to help, please do so, even if it's to offer your own experience. Sometimes folks just need a shoulder to lean on in tough times.

Another thing you can do is read the following thread and participate if you want.

http://www.veteransresources.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3369
  5. maxtor

maxtor Member

6. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

As Far As I Can Tell, that would be the Senate version. The House Version )[H.R.1585.EH]contains no such provision. The question is: will it survive compromise?
  7. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

Just heard NDAA released from conference with CRSC and CRDP provisions intact as well as lowering res/guard retirement by 90 days for every 90 days served in combat. I believe, and I'm not positive it should go back to full house and senate for vote, The "hate crimes" language W disaproved of was removed.