Marine Corps Sunset Parades

Discussion in 'United States Marine Corps' started by DonaldN, Mar 16, 2008.

1. DonaldN

DonaldN New Member

1. The Sunset Parade is held at the Marine Corps Memorial (Iwo Jima Monument) every Tuesday evening. It is a one hour performance that features the "Commandant's Own, United States Marine Corps Drum and Bugle Corps and precision drill by the Marine Corps Silent Drill Platoon. Reservations are not required. Spacious lawns provide ample room for guests to bring lawn chairs and blankets for informal viewing. No other type seating is available except for invited guests of the Reviewing Officials.

PARKING: There is no parking spaces available at the memorial grounds.

Note: The Sunset Parade is held within walking distance ( a few blocks) of the excellent Orleans Steak House where my wife and I have always eaten Prime Rib and BBQ ribs when in D.C. for Veterans Day weekends when we were active in VVnW.

2. The Friday Evening Parade is held within the Marine Corps Barracks, 8th & I St. S.E. Washington D.C. It is a formal parade featuring the United States Marine Corps Band, "The Presidents Own"; The U.S. Marine Corps Drum and Bugle Corps; The Commandant's Own" and Marine Corps Silent Drill Platoon.

You can read more about the schedule and reservations at: http://www.mbw.usmc.mil/

DonaldN
    Semper Fi