Discussion in 'Veterans of Foreign Wars' started by Terry McGee, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Terry McGee

Terry McGee New Member

I'm a member.
  2. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

Vfw

I am a member - Post 5544 in Pennsylvania.
  3. joeblowj0

joeblowj0 New Member

VFW life member

I am a life member of VFW. I do not like the way membership is handled here in Louisiana. Please read my latest post. Thank you.:confused:
  4. Nam Vet 70-71

Nam Vet 70-71 New Member

I'm a life member and current Quartermaster at my Post 4816 in Porter Texas. I'm also a life member of the Military Order of the Purple Heart (MOPH) and past adjutant and current Trustee there and a life member of the DAV in my area.

I too am new here at this particular message forum.
  5. Sgt D

Sgt D New Member

I'm a life member, past 3 time All State Post Commander and past District Commander, however I finally figured out that the politics in the VFW is just not worth the time and effort that is required. I never did like playing politics in an organization that is supposed to be helping veterans. I finally got tired of fighting the good old boy system and hung my hat up. Sgt D
  6. Bertf

Bertf New Member

Six times American Legion Post Commander and one time Division Commander, past post Commander VFW, Commis Voyageur of the 40&8, Treasurer of the VWVA (formerly VVnW). There are politics...so what. You run into them everywhere. The volunteer FD is loaded with politics and even the Boy Scouts have them. You do the best you can at your own level and try to ignore whatever is happening at higher levels. It is only when your own ambition forces you to go up to county or state and try to get elected to higher office that politics rears its ugly head. Down at the post level you can do a lot of good and have no regard for what the good old boys are doing.
  7. DonaldN

DonaldN New Member

Bertf,

You are absolutely correct in what you said. I agree, stay at the post level. Any higher is full of politics.

I have no doubt that that is true. However, it is more prevalent in the VVnW. I do believe that when the politics changes the purpose of the organization, someone has to speak up. The properly elected BOD of the VVnW did not and now they are on the outside and replaced by "parrots". I spoke up "big Time" and was expelled for "conduct unbecoming a VVnW member".

Glad to know that your VWVA post is doing fine things and don't have to put up with the total rule of VVnW Fuhrer, his sleep-in executive director and their hand picked yes men they call their "Board of directors". This is accurate since that BOD only represents the "top three" not the VVnW membership.

DonaldN
    Semper Fi