Memorial Day.

Discussion in 'United Circle Of Veterans' started by Leo Gelsinger, May 25, 2006.

1. Leo Gelsinger

Leo Gelsinger New Member

Memorial Day, the start of endless picnics or a day of remembrance. To thoughs that fought for it and did not return remember them always. They are with us forever. God Bless them all.

Leo
  2. Leo Gelsinger

Leo Gelsinger New Member

Please excuse the spelling and grammer. My grand daughter wanted to post something for veterans to think about this Memorial Day. She is only 7 years old.

Leo
  3. nurseflo

nurseflo Member

Leo ,I think it's wonderful that your 7 year old granddaughter posted that for the vets!!!Holidays are wonderful.For each one we need to stop and remember why they are celebrated.The parades,picnics and company are wonderful,but just like Jesus is the reason for the season.Vet are the reason for Memorial day.Remember with love.Today I'd like to thank each of you Vets for the freedom we enjoy today.Also With guilty thankfulness that I do not have to put flowers on the tomb of my returned soldier.Thanks to each of you.Have a wonderful weekend.Gloria
  4. thumper178

thumper178 New Member

I think it is wonderful that the Brotherhood and Sisterhood remembers this holiday. Standing there with Flag in hand hearing taps. Sends a message to the community why being Free is so expensive. The cost of a love one is never replaced. Just honored as it should be.
    Thanks Leo and you granddaughter also Gloria
    Pat