National Alliance meetings 23 July 2010

Discussion in 'POW/MIA' started by Vietvet1, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Vietvet1

Vietvet1 Member

A friend of mine and I went to the Annual meeting of the National Alliance of POW-MIA Families ( National Alliance of Families ) There was some topics that brought on spirited discussion. We had the head and immediate staff of the DPMO there for updates and Q&A. Q&A was very "interesting". Past Con. Bill Hendon was present and during the discussion, the subject of the Prison/Facility under Ho Chi Minh's Tomb in Hanoi came up. It has been a long held belief that if that facility is there, many Americans could have been held long after the War if not even now.

DPMO contended after and since the Senate SelectCommittee Hearings on POW-MIA Affairs of the 90's, that the facility COULD NOT exist because of the high water table. Two of the people present at this meeting were signers and swore under oath as to this "fact" ( water table too high to construct this). Now I ask you to watch this You Tube Presentation....

YouTube - Hanoi Vietnam Metro aerien project

If this comes out...you will notice a Subway system in a very short distance fron the Tomb. It is 3 stories UNDERGROUND... sans the water table. Lets refer back to signed and sworn testimony that this cannot happen.

Well, after Bill Hendon pressed his case to this committee, you could almost cut the air. All 5 of the Committee were challenged to send a team to this location and recheck their information. They were shown SR-71 photo's of this location, taken AFTER the tomb was under construction and the Atomic Energy Commission also noted the possibility with their evidence of this facility. The committee held to their conclusion that it was a lie. Hmmmm

Now for the next part from these people... A question was posed to them... Why isn't it a policy to give every service person on the ground over that area... a picture, name and explaination in print on EVERY man missing ... This policy was requested since Michael Speicher was shot down the first day of Desert Storm... through Matt Maupin (Iraq), SP4 Altaie (Iraq) and Bow Bergdahl (Afghanistan) and possibly the navy personnel captured the other day. Well we were told that it would serve no purpose and could cause the ones who may be alive to be treated worse so they don't publisize the info. Now I go back a few years.... say.... 40 or more years. This is the same crap our Government told the families of those pilots shot down at the start of the Vietnam War. These were the "Red River Pilots". The families believed this at first but eventually they knew they were pawns and this was set in place to save the face of our Government and this issue. DeJe Vu all over again....:)

Regardless of how we feel about this war... we have to remain focused on the men and women in it. It is a shame that this "Mindset to Bebunk" is still, alive and well, in our Government today. It is also a shame that the "actors" present in this, 4 decades ago are still in the system and teaching a new generation in this debauchle and instruction on how to prolong it.

We also got a good session on the "Lima Site 85" episode in Laos 1967. I am good friends with the wife of the missing radio operator on that secret site. He went missing in 1967...she was told he was missing presumed dead and a few decades later, his name showed up on a list handed over by Boris Yeltsin in 1992. Hmmmm PAVN/Pathet Lao attacked that camp and he ended up in ..... Russia or at least under Russian control.... Oh what a web we weave....

Today, it seems the old "web" is being maintained and the new ones are in place... IMHO
  2. Vietvet1

Vietvet1 Member