Need Help Funding Hubbys Dream of Helping others with PTSD

Discussion in 'Appeals' started by Daniel Acosta, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Daniel Acosta

Daniel Acosta New Member

Hi everyone, I wanted to start this Go Fund Me page for my husband to help him achieve his dream, here is his story.
    My husband is USMC Desert Storm Combat Veteran seeking sponsorship while he completes his internship in his journey to become a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. My husband dreams of opening a private practice to treat all populations that want his help.
    As a combat Veteran, he naturally wants to assist active duty military servicemen and women, military Veterans, and their families as needed. He wants to take advantage of his real life experience in providing treatment for those suffering from PTSD and depression.
    Before I continue let me tell you about his past. My husband is an amazing man who is always thinking of others and how he can help. He came from a broken family that was physically and verbally abusive to him. He endured this painful past and still wanted more out of life. Despite his troubled childhood, my husband felt a desire to help other people. He joined the Marine Corps at 18 years old to serve his country and if the opportunity presented itself assist others in need.
    As a Marine, he took part in a joint military and civilian brush fire fighting voluntary mission in which he was awarded a Meritorious MAST award for his participation. My husband is also a Desert Storm Veteran, he took part in liberating Kuwait City and now he is going to be a father for the first time in September.
    My husband, graduated last year with his Master's Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy and worked hard in his class. He felt the harder he worked the more he would be able to get out of each class to provide a high level of care. As a result of his commitment, he graduated with Honors Summa Cum Laude and a 3.98 GPA.
    My husband and I are expecting our first child in mid-September. This is our miracle baby, we were not expecting a baby because I was told it wasn't advisable due to my age (41) and because of my, breast cancer. I am a Breast Cancer survivor, I underwent a double mastectomy two years ago. At the time we were planning on starting a family. Because of the Cancer, I was told there could be a risk that my Cancer could come back if I became pregnant.
    With everything happening at the same time we are struggling with finances and lack support from our biological families. Anything you can do to help will be appreciated.

https://www.gofundme.com/dans-internship-fund
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017