New Forum

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by slapyo, May 13, 2005.

1. slapyo

slapyo Administrator Staff Member

I've created a new forum in the Benefits category called "Veterans Disability Commission". This is for the new commision that was started just this month that is doing a 15 month study of Veterans benefits. Please use this forum to discuss topics and news from this commission.
  2. ssgcastillo

ssgcastillo New Member

those who go to war under false pretenses are the ones who dont know how to respond to the aftermath of their oftheir foolhardy ventures.the final total costs of war.
  3. Gunniev

Gunniev New Member

Help keep the military bases open

Defense secretary Rumsfeld has chosen too close bases and close out anyone who wants too help i tried too post a Petition against the base closings it was politicaly movated that i was erased off the enternet wave.It difinitelly against my constitutiona; rights all i was trying to do was help the people who protect us what these polititions seem too forget.
  4. rainvet

rainvet New Member

Gunniev ; Those who protect us what these polititions seem too forget. I do believe that its time to move on to created a new and different Military that will served the American peoples in a much better way dan its is now. With all the new high tech machinary that is being produced , that is making some of the old bases useless when its come to defending the USA and its peoples. With all the air support the USA has and are making ; the way we fights war's now has changed with the way we will deal with the world ahead of us. GOD Bless all our Veterans past , presents , and Future Solider's that has and will always pretect our right and freedom until the LORD return to earth to claim what already belong to him. GOD Loves all Veterans !
  5. Warveteran

Warveteran New Member

Constitutional Right

Gunniev:

Under this administration you have no Constitutional Rights.

You are either with them or you are against them. The administration's words not mine.
  6. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

War Veteran:

Your posting reminded me of a Doonesbury cartoon. I wish I could show the cartoon characters in the strip, but I can't so I will just provide the words of the 2 characters, President George Bush Sr. and his son, President George W. Bush and trust you (and all readers) will get a chuckle:

Sr. Son, do you know why I decided not to invade Iraq?

Jr. Haven't a clue, dad.

Sr. Really? I put it in my book.

Jr. Books are Laura's thing.

Sr. Let me read you some transcripts.. "An occupation of Iraq would have incurred incalcuable human and political costs. There was no viable exit strategy. Had we gone the invasion route, the United States could conceivably still be an occupying power in a bitterly hostile land".

Jr. I don't recall any of that, dad.

Sr. But it was reported in all the newspapers!

Jr. I don't read newspapers.

Sr. (thinking to himself ..."another child left behind".) Nice to talk to you, son.

Jr. Listen, dad, your'e either with me or against me.

Doonesbury
    Gary Trudeau
  7. ssgcastillo

ssgcastillo New Member

I have forwarded 2 messages for gulf war vets Iam in touch w/robert [email protected]. check it out Gulf WAR VETS rick
  8. slapyo

slapyo Administrator Staff Member

You wouldn't happen to have a link to that site would you? This way I can check the links on Veterans Resources and add it if we don't have it.
  9. jimmymac2

jimmymac2 New Member

Gunniev,

I’m a FNG on the site and this is a bit late. DON’T ever sign an internet petition!

An internet petition has absolutely no value to any political organization because: (1) it lacks a legal signature, (2) requires a valid complete address, (3) is used by unscrupulous individuals to phish for personal information for identity theft purposes.
  10. jimmymac2

jimmymac2 New Member

Gunniev,

I’m a FNG on the site and this is a bit late. DON’T ever sign an internet petition!

An internet petition has absolutely no value to any political organization because: (1) it lacks a legal signature, (2) requires a valid complete address, (3) is used by unscrupulous individuals to phish for personal information for identity theft purposes.
  11. lacyben

lacyben New Member

Thanks for the advise jimmymac2. I don't have any use for petitions unless its to run a politition out of office.