New - Veterans Organization Search

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by slapyo, Aug 19, 2005.

1. slapyo

slapyo Administrator Staff Member

http://www.veteransresources.org/search.php

Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Select the state that you would like to see Veterans Organizations for. They will load up on the map. You can then click and drag on the map to move it. You can double click on the map to move it to that point. You can use the zoom slider to zoom in or out. You can click on the marker and an info window will pop up with the name, address, and phone number of the Veterans Organization.

Right now I only have 4 organizations for Alabama. I will be adding in more.

I am hoping to have the VFW, DAV, and VVnW to start off with. Some posts may not have an address so I won't be putting them on the map. If I am missing one and you have all of the information, please let me know and I will add it. I need the organization, post #, address, and phone number.
  2. rainvet

rainvet New Member

Thank great slapyo , this is what the board needed. thanks , RainVet !
  3. slapyo

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona VFW - added
  4. slapyo

I changed the icon to something new. This will allow me to put the different organizations on the map with different icons so you can tell who is where. At the very bottom of the map is a legend for which icon means what organization.

I also added in how many organizations were found. When the page loads you will see (0 Found) because you haven't searched for anything yet. This number will change depending on how many organizations are found for the state you selected.

I'll begin entering in some more VFW posts shortly.
  5. slapyo

Arkansas VFW - added
  6. slapyo

California VFW - added
  7. slapyo

Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware VFW - added
  8. Mickey111

Mickey111 New Member

Boston DAV