Our First Posting!

Discussion in 'United Circle Of Veterans' started by DonaldN, Oct 23, 2005.

1. DonaldN

DonaldN New Member

OK & Welcome, My Veteran Friends,

The United Circle Of Veterans web-link on the www.veteransresources.org web site is now an up & working site, within hours of asking for the space. Thanks to the excellent web master, SLAPYO!

This link is open to any and ALL VETERANS AND VETERAN'S POSTS AND CHAPTERS to post and to reply to posts as they see fit. We welcome individual veterans as well as veteran's organization posts and chapters. NONE are unwelcome!

This web-link is not for the purpose of "bashing" any veteran's organization. There is enough of that elsewhere. It is our intent to use this forum to share ideas and information helpful to all of us. Use it to keep us all aware of what you are doing in your own communities. WE ARE INTERESTED! This new Veterans organization grew out of a meeting in Clearfield, PA composed of Vietnam Veterans who want to share ideas and fellowship with other veterans of all eras. We expect to get together on a quarterly basis for an INFORMAL gathering with no strict, formal rules. Just a bunch of vets getting together to socialize and share experiences as well as useful information. As we develope we may determine that a news letter is needed. But that is down the road. We will not establish officers. Our intent is to have someone "moderate" the gatherings.

MORE information will be posted here as we get on. We've only existed for about 26 hours!

If you are reading this I know that you know how you got here, but you can copy & forward this to all your veteran friends, please.

GO TO: www.veteransresources.org and click on "forums"; Scroll down to "Veterans Organizations"; Click on "United Circle Of Veterans".

AND.......Jump right in!!!

Don
  2. dinkydau

dinkydau New Member

Good job Don, and fast too. And my thanks to slapyo too.
    Semper Fi, Dinkydau.
  3. John Matukewicz

John Matukewicz New Member

Thanks to slapyo and Don for getting this started. We appreciate the good work of all you guys.
  4. Leo Gelsinger

Leo Gelsinger New Member

Thank you both, and Don what would you do if you had more time?
  5. thumper178

thumper178 New Member

Way to go there Don and Slappyo.
    This is what is we are about. Information to help veterans. Updates. Ceremonies in areas of each state. Just helping our fellow veterans no matter who they are.
    I am please that this has happened so fast and if I can be of any help to anyone please let me know.
    Thanks Again for a job WELL DONE.

Thumper178
  6. slapyo

slapyo Administrator Staff Member

Does the United Circle Of Veterans have a website? If so please post a link so I can add it to the links section of the site. If the organization doesn't have a website then please visit http://www.discoverywebdesign.com :) hehe Little shameless plug for my design company.
  7. Terry McGee

Terry McGee New Member

:) A slap on the back to Don and Slapyo! Very good.
    (added 2nd thought) Hard to believe a "Jar Head" could come up with this! Love ya Don!!
  8. joeblowj0

joeblowj0 New Member

LoUiSiAna

I too think you guys are doing a great job. I will send you a news video to show you what Concerned Veterans of LoUiSiAna Inc. are doing for the veterans of our area. Tommy Tabor was suspended from the VVnW LA POST # 4, but that will not stop him from helping the veterans he swore to help.
    My friends , I will be back. Take care.;)
  9. kinzua63

kinzua63 New Member

Great job Don. Hope this site gets lots of visitors and ideas. I'll do my best to pass on to other vets.

Again, thanks to all for this.
  10. DonaldN

DonaldN New Member

Well, Thank you for the nice accolades. I'm sure Slapyo feels the same. BUT now's the opportunity for all you veterans to contribute to this thread.
    John Matukewicz, where have you been hiding? Haven't heard from you in quite awhile. Hope all is well. Terry, you know Marines have to look out for you guys so this shouldn't be a surprise to you. I guess you should be back in Florida by now. Take care & say Hi to "K".

Thanks again amd please make good use of this thread.
    Don
  11. DonaldN

DonaldN New Member

UC of V web site

Now that's fast work. We are too small and new right now but when we get to the time we could use a web-site we'll cetainly keep you in mind. You already do much for veterans and we'll support you as you do us. :D

I don't think anyone can argue that point.

DonaldN
  12. john spadea

john spadea New Member

"IN DON WE TRUST" What a great idea, Thank you both DON and Slapyo for giving us the apportunity to express our feelings and come toghether as one "CIRCLE OF VETERANS" THAT IS.
  13. bkinnam

bkinnam Member

A proposed new new logo

I have been requested to post this logo for the United Circle of Veterans.
    [​IMG]
    (Click on image for larger view)
  14. DonaldN

DonaldN New Member

Thanks for posting that and a special thanks to the one who designed it. I sent it in to be considered as a new LOGO.
    DonaldN
  15. DonaldN

DonaldN New Member

Yonkers woman reapplies to Gold Star Mothers
    By REBECCA BAKER ERWIN
    [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
    THE JOURNAL NEWS

(Original publication: October 23, 2005)
    YONKERS — Ligaya Lagman smiled through her tears last night as she took the first step to join a group of women who have lost children in combat — the same group that had once rejected her but will now welcome her with open arms.

"I'm happy now," the Philippines native said as she finished signing her application to join the American Gold Star Mothers.

Lagman, whose 26-year-old son, Anthony, was killed in Afghanistan last year, reapplied for membership during a ceremony in her honor held by veterans at Lowerre Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 3083 in Yonkers.

American Gold Star Mothers had denied Lagman's application last year because she was not a U.S. citizen. The rejection, first reported by The Journal News, caused a nationwide furor that led the group to lift its 76-year ban on noncitizens.

The head of the New York chapter of American Gold Star Mothers, who handles the applications, said Lagman would be "welcomed with open arms." As she stood at the podium, Lagman blotted her eyes with a white handkerchief and thanked the veterans in Yonkers for their support.

"All she wanted was to be part of the organization," her son Christopher Lagman said. "It's not just for her. It's for our family and all the other mothers."

Dawn Esposito came from Brentwood on Long Island to apply for Gold Star Mothers membership alongside Lagman. Her son, Sgt. Michael Esposito Jr., was killed in Afghanistan with Staff Sgt. Anthony Lagman, and the two soldiers are buried next to each other in Calverton National Cemetery on eastern Long Island.

Esposito and her husband, Michael, said the Gold Star Mothers never should have rejected Lagman but they were glad the group had corrected the mistake.

"She brought her children to this country and raised a patriot," Dawn Esposito said. "Her heart broke no less than mine. If anyone has earned the right to this, it's Mrs. Lagman."

American Gold Star Mothers had argued that lifting its ban on noncitizens would undermine the organization. Some members began questioning why Lagman never became a citizen in her 20-plus years living in the United States.

Lagman's case went public before Memorial Day. Politicians, veterans and other supporters bombarded the organization with angry phone calls, letters and e-mails demanding change.

The board voted to lift the ban at its June convention in Texas.
    Lagman, of Yonkers, had withdrawn her bid to avoid the media spotlight and focus on her ailing husband. She decided to reapply after Carmen Palmer, a Jamaican in Mount Vernon whose son was killed in Iraq in 2003, became a Gold Star mother last month.

Esposito, who wore a picture of her son on a pendant shaped like a dog tag, said that being a Gold Star mother was not about personal honor, but to honor the memory of fallen soldiers.

"You're not just a mother to the one deployed," she said. "You're a mother to them all."
  16. johnnya

johnnya New Member

Don & Slapyo

Good site and the logo looks nice, is this going to be sent to the dictator and missy or is this something that can be approved at the local level. Ha Ha:)

Hey Slapyo, on the info that miss thing wants, tell her you will set up a trial board of your picking and that she or her Bo dictator doesn’t have to attend. But if they want they can send you the names of who they think are on the site.

johnnya
  17. john spadea

john spadea New Member

Great Logo, when does it go into production? I will proudly place it over another logo that has lost its meaning. Thanks to all
  18. KathytheB

KathytheB New Member

Well Don, all I can say is "WE LOVE YOU MAN!"
    Good job to you and Slapyo. Now we can get back to what we all do best. Helping Veterans!
  19. johnnya

johnnya New Member

Hello all

Just wanted to let you all know that some of the members have called about receiving raffle tickets in the mail from National for the motorcycle & mustang. First they asked why they received directly from missy & dictator and then asked me what they should do with them,

I said that the reason National is wasting MORE MONEY for mailing and BEGGING the membership to buy is because they never answered the questions about the first or second raffle that they rigged. Now that the post and a lot of the membership at large know what they are up to and what they are like, this is where the begging comes in. If I’m not mistaken I think they already paid for these vehicles.

I told them to either throw them in the trash or if they wanted to waste their own money send them back.

If I knew for sure that the money was being used for the purpose of it’s intent, I would buy tickets knowing the good it was doing, but when you can’t get simple answers to questions that are asked, and remember for this a lot of American Veterans have been suspended or expelled from OUR ORGANIZATION.

Speaking of money, all this traveling that you two are doing, I got a couple of questions for them cause we all know that they both read this site, that’s why missy wants names.

1. Peter, in the $200 to $300 thousand you have spent in travel, how many post have you started and do they have the 25 PAID not given members?

2. In traveling all over Our United States how many PAID MEMBERS have you signed up ?

Just a couple of questions that we all know won’t be answered, as usual.
    Have a nice day.:)
  20. JA-ROM

JA-ROM New Member

Great Job

Don and Slapyo
    Great job with the new organization's site. It is like fresh air to breathe. Slapyo, I said it before and I'll say it again and again, you are one fine young man. I will be honored to contribute info to the site for all to share. But I must tell you that I am determined to complete the necessary accountability that National VVnW must comply with for the sake of all veterans, members and the public who trusted them and were scamed.

Great news!! The Nassau County Veterans Monument Committee (of which I have been a member since 1989) is FINALLY getting ready to dedicate our Vietnam/Southeast Asia monument in Eisenhower Park located in East Meadow, New York on Sunday, November 6, 2005. VVnW Post 3 and VVA Chapter 82 along with various veterans groups and concerned citizens have MADE THIS HAPPEN. Our County Executive stated a year ago that he wanted this to be a reality for the Vietnam Vets. Shannon Diamondstein, daughter of VVnW Post 3 member, Jack Diamondstein, was one of the 3 architechs who designed the monument. It is clasped hands made of bronze with dog tags hanging inside that act as wind chimes. The bronze hands are set in pavers and black granite with various scenes lazer etched into the base. We are expecting thousands of people and dignitaries to attend the dedication. Our daughter-in-law, kristine Rommel (active duty USCG) will have the honor of singing the Star Spangled banner. We are all very excited about this and invite you to join us at 12 noon on 11/6/05.
    Be back soon.
    Joyce Rommel