ptsd disability question

Discussion in 'Veterans Disability Commission' started by marklpratt, Oct 28, 2008.

1. marklpratt

marklpratt New Member

I receive ptsd disability. What is the prognosis for this. I was rated at 60%. Will I have to go through c&p exams periodically. Is the percentage for the rest of my life or can it change? Am I required to be re-evaluated periodically. I attend group forums but nothing documented or official. I want no help from the government but will I be required to get treatment from them even though I don't want it from them. From what I have read for the most part ptsd is never really cured. that is why I wonder if the % you are awarded can flucuate with the symptoms.
  2. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

PTSD can change over time. generally it gets worse. If it isn't permanent, you will usually be scheduled for routine exams every 3-5 years till you are ober age 55. You can also be re-examined if you apply for another claim. You cannot be forced to undergo unwanted medical treatment by anyone but if you want to continue the checks, you had better attend any exams which are not treatment.
  3. CEDAR FALLS

CEDAR FALLS Member

I filled for a upgrade to my Peripheral neuropathy and got a letter saying I had an apointment for a psy eval also