PTSD in civilian career

Discussion in 'PTSD' started by combatvetintx, Mar 3, 2016.

1. combatvetintx

combatvetintx New Member

I was medically retired in 11/2014 with PTSD. I started work with a commercial roofing company. Everything was good and well, I liked my job. 6 months went by and I arrived at work one morning only to find out I had been let go. I was baffled. I asked why and was given no reason. I had not been in trouble or had any issues. I moved my family 4 hours away and took another job. 6 months go by and I get let go again. Once again, they wouldnt give me a reason. Now I am at my third job in the past 18months. I am coming up on 6 months soon. I feel anxiety everyday that I may show up to work and not have a job. I am the bread winner with a 7 month pregnant wife. I cannot keep losing jobs and not know why. Has anyone else had this problem? I have never been in trouble at any of these jobs, they just let me go without warning.
  2. DocWalsh

DocWalsh New Member

I was med sep'd in 2010. Since then the longest I have held down a job is just like you... 6 months... almost exactly 6months to the friggin day. Ive worked as a warehouse manager, gas utility inspector, several construction and landscaping gigs... all of them lasted no longer than 6 months. And at every single one of them I was the guy who would bust his ass more than anyone else and didn't have a single problem with coworkers or management. 2 of the jobs right about when 6 months rolled along I was given a task that was impossible to complete with the allotted supplies and then fired for not getting it done. The rest of them either cut my hours to the point where I had to quit and find something else or let me go for seemingly no reason.

Its been 8 years since I was injured and 6 sinceI was separated and ive been busting my back.. it really seems like things are getting harder not better.

Sorry to be a downer but your not alone. I made it this long just keep trucking. And you better keep that barrel away from your head brother we've lost too many as it is.
    k4ibz.bill @gmail.com likes this.