Remembering

Discussion in 'Remembering' started by nurseflo, Jun 22, 2005.

1. nurseflo

nurseflo Member

Hi I'm sorry but I forgot the name of the guy who did remembering.Every time on of our soldiers died he put it on here.I've noticed that he no longer does that.Is there a reason?Any way I have a sad story to share with you.One of the kids with the 224thEngBn Co/B was killed I think June 11th.They are having his funeral here in Iowa tomorrow.He has a brother who is also in the guard and was due to deploy in Sept.Casey Byers said laughingly Iraq wasn't big enough to handle 2 Byers boys.This morning on the morning news I heard that Paul Byers was killed last night(in or by a vehicle)I think he was ran over.On the evening news they ruled his death a suicide.That makes me so sad.I feel for those parents.I can't imagine losing 2 of my kids in less than 2 weeks.Any how to the guy that did the remembering I miss that.I was printing the articles out for my sons scrapbook.Take care all of you.
  2. DonaldN

DonaldN New Member

Nurseflo,

His "veteran resources" web name was Yamabushi. He is Major Mark Hoffmeister, US Army. He's on the VVnW & Veteran Coalition National Board of Directors. He's a member of the Team Veteran Leader, a bike racing team sponsored by VVnW. He posted a list of "Fallen Warriors" on the web site for all. I heard he was recently transferred. You might try to find out something from VVnW National Office at 1-800-843-8626.
    He & I did not always agree but I believe he was trying hard to work things out for all with little success. He does do good things for the troops. I liked his idea of listing the Fallen Warriors. It's missed. Wonder if VVnW would renew posting this information??? You might ask them. I can't since I'm a "suspended" member there's no communication with them.
    DonaldN
  3. DonaldN

DonaldN New Member

4. nurseflo

nurseflo Member

thanks Donald
  5. Yoge Mountain

Yoge Mountain New Member

Honoring Our Fallen

Nurseflo,

You might want to go to VVnW and The Veterans Coalition's website, click on the link for "Honor The Fallen" for a continuation there of the latest casualty list. There's also a look- up link there for past casualty list names.

http://www.theveteranscoalition.org/home.htm

Rick (Yoge)
    VVnW Life Member
    VFW Life Member
  6. Mickey111

Mickey111 New Member

What a sad story for that family. God Bless All of them...