Request advice about a upcoming Sleep Apnea C & P exam.

Discussion in 'General Claims' started by wilspeak, Feb 2, 2017.

1. wilspeak

wilspeak New Member

Hello everyone, I have an upcoming Sleep Apnea C & P exam on Feb. 21 2017. I filed a Sleep Apnea claim based on being (0%) service-connected for sleep apnea with a CPAP machine. The new claim is sleep apnea with a CPAP machine related to and /or service-connected (PTSD, Lumbar spine, right nerve sciatic, Both feet conditions, Both ankle conditions, both knee conditions, Weight gain/ obesity and decreased activity.) The VA called me and told that a C & P Doctor will be conducting my exam on Feb.21, 2017. The VA operator told me and left a voice mail message that I didn't have to show at this exam and that the C & P Doctor May or May Not call me. Can anyone please give me some advice in this matter. I would appreciate any advice. Thank You in advance.
  2. wilspeak

wilspeak New Member

I just called the VA and spoke to the receptionist and I Strongly Requested that I be allowed to attend my C/P EXAMINATION. The receptionist then made my appointment to be there in person on Feb.21, 2017 at 12 noon at the VA. The thing that I didn't like is, she stated that I requested not to be at the C/P exam and said that it was placed in my Medical records that I stated that I requested not to be at the C/P Exam which is not true. I am now considering reporting this to the patient advocate because it looks to me like they were trying to trick me into not showing up for this important examination. Can you please send me the C/P prep materials? and would it be ok for me to mention to the Doctor that I am service connected for migraines and I take medication for migraines and that the migraines affect my sleeping patterns? They called me and stated that I wasn't required to show for the exam. Please tell other veterans NOT to fall for that (no show trick). Thank you
    Buck1130 likes this.
  3. Buck1130

Buck1130 New Member

Wilspeak,
    Yeah that sucks man. I've had similar issues with C&P exams in which they would never notify me of the exam and then it would suddenly appear on my calendar in ebenefits stating I was a "no show". Then for months on end I would try to reschedule over and over. Finally, I got in touch with a VA Rep who worked out of my county office and was not employed by the VA but worked directly for the county. He was able to reschedule my appointments and get me back on track. It seemed like the 1-800 call center and ebenefits are off track and cause more of a problem for people. Also, I would mention the medication for migraines. I feel like upfront honesty only helps your position (I realize this is after your appointment but wanted to share). Sometimes I feel as though they are out to get me but I have to continue to remain patient, as hard as that may be.
    -Buck