RIP Lance Cpl. Abraham Simpson

Discussion in 'Remembering' started by slapyo, Nov 12, 2004.

1. slapyo

slapyo Administrator Staff Member

Lance Cpl. Abraham Simpson, 19, of Chino, was killed Tuesday, according to the Pentagon. Simpson was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, 1st Marine Expeditionary Force at Camp Pendleton.

9 November 2004

He was a close friend of my brothers. My brother and him went through Boyscouts together.

Not that Abraham is a special case or anything, but it just hits very close to home when it is someone you know. My thoughts and prayers go out each and every night to the families and loved ones of those who have fallen in war.
  2. stumpy

stumpy New Member

Donald, Abraham is a special case, as are all Veterans that are wounded or killed in action. May his soul rest in peace.
  3. slapyo

slapyo Administrator Staff Member

That's what I meant. I meant he isn't a special case aside from all the others who have been killed in action. They are all the same.
  4. barney

barney New Member

may I offer a poem I wrote :

Poems from Texas

Proud and Tall
    ©
    Our hero stands before you proud and tall
    Since in battle he heard your Almighty call
    He chose a path he thought was right
    Now he must answer to your Might
    A fair judgment he now does seek
    As he fell for the oppressed and weak
    We pray for him a reception of open arms
    And an eternity under your blessed charms
    Though so young in mortal years
    To so many he brought joyful tears
    Out now pours all these tears of grief
    Thus we do beseech you for relief
    Please find him worthy of everlasting bliss
    For our hero we will forever miss
    Barney Shirey
  5. Ms B

Ms B New Member

Thanks for sharing your poem--it couldn't be more appropriate. Do youmind if I share it with Abe's family?
  6. barney

barney New Member

- please pm me the address and I will mail a hard copy to them - thank you for the honor you bestow upon me -
  7. Smokinstang65

Smokinstang65 New Member

Hey guys, Thanks for puttin my friend up on here Don, I appreciate it. ANd thanks for the poem. I know my friends parents will appreciate your poem, Barney. I know I enjoyed it myself. Yeah, Abe was a good friend, a good scout, and was one helluva fun guy to staff with at Leadership Training Camp. The world will miss him but he served the purpose he was deemed to fulfill. All one can do is pray that no other families have to go through what his family did with hearing the news, and to pray that those who do, get the chance to have their son honored as my friend was. His honoring is how all those who return post-mortem from Iraq and any of our wars should be honored. Anyway, I've got class to study for. PS. If you all haven't figured it out yet, Slapyo = my brother. I'm Ron he's Don, I'll forgive ya if you guys get us mixed up accidently. :D