searching for an evacuation date, oregon guard, 2005, new orleans

Discussion in 'United States Army' started by Left Coast Productions, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Left Coast Productions

Left Coast Productions New Member

Im trying to nail down the date that all personnel were evacuated from Belle Chasse Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base, New Orleans Louisiana, during the hurricane katrina relief effort, due to landfall of hurricane rita.

So far im down to september 2005, but id like to nail it down to the individual day.

I was in the Oregon Army National Guard, with Bravo 141 Brigade Support Battalion, out of Kliever Armoury at 10000 ne 33rd ave, south of marine drive in Portland, Oregon.

We were in the final stages before evacuation, and the Coast Guard Color Guard, in full dress uniform, while it was raining sideways, were taking the base flag down and folding it as if it were a funeral. I was the first person in proximity to them once they were finished, and they handed it to me, without saying a word, and walked away.

Ive had it coming up on ten years now, and id like to have some precision information to put on a plaque for a mounted display.

If anyone out there can help me out, i would be very greatful.
  2. paulpjack

paulpjack New Member