should I try to P&T

Discussion in 'Disability' started by sparkette6, Jan 2, 2008.

1. sparkette6

sparkette6 New Member

I have been 100% iu for almost 7 years now. Will I ever get P&t?
    I need to see a denist so should I try to get P&T ? I was told once not to rock the boat and try to get P&T. It seems to me that everyone is just getting iu and not P&T. I know one vet is 200 percent disability and he only got Iu.

no one I know is going to improve so why is every one getting IU instead of P&T?

w
  2. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

That's up to you. Obviously there's no more money in it but if you need dental, what the hey. Then, in my case, I have the VA, TriCare, Medicare and GEHA. Not one of them pay for dental so I buy a Tricare Delta Dental policy out of pocket and pay the rest myself. That's just the way it is.

Normally if an IU veteran's condition doesn't improve after 5 years, he will be made P&T. I have no idea why you weren't. Did you ever get a re-eval? Perhaps it just fell thru the cracks if you didn't.

You can always ask the RO to designate you P&T although you shouldn't have to. Understand, when they open your file, all your conditions are subject to another look see and an eval might go the wrong way. Any eval can be a double edged sword.
  3. bumblebee8472

bumblebee8472 New Member

i am a veteran with 100% iu and i finally got sent a package say they are going to decide whether i can get put to P&T r not i have ptsd but the interesting thing is that i get social security disibility for my ptsd illness anyone think they could shed some light on me and this subject at hand
  4. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

You are already "T", as in Total. The VA will grant you permanent status when there is no expectation you will improve.