Show yourself

Discussion in 'VVnW & The Veterans Coalition' started by joeblowj0, Aug 20, 2006.

1. joeblowj0

joeblowj0 New Member

Hey KnewHeart, you may have started something. I think this is a great idea. What about the rest of you Veteran Resource readers and participants. I have nothing to hide, and what I post is the truth. I am proud to show my colors.
    For those of you who do not know me, I am Tommy Tabor of LoUiSiAna.
    I am the founder of LA #4. I was replaced by Loy Smith in a questionable election, and recently one of the latest members of VVnW who were suspented and now terminated for questioning Loy Smith's spending of Post Money. This is not what the paper work read, but I did not think it would.
    Again, my friends, join the NewHeart Trend, and show your face, Joeblowj0 did.:cool:
  2. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

And then there were two!
    How about joining us?

Stumpy, TinCanMan, DonaldN, Rainvet, Thumper, 3Cav, Nurseflo, Slapayo?
    And I can't resist adding monalisa - we ALL want to know what you look like!

Good show, Joe!

knewheart
  3. joeblowj0

joeblowj0 New Member

And now there are three ( 3 ).

That a boy donald. Do we have any others ?:cool:
  4. DonaldN

DonaldN New Member

Good Idea

I thought it was a good idea to "show our faces". Bet none of us look like we did in 'nam! Also we don't want petey & nancy to forget how we look. I know they check in on these forums. Gotta get a picture of everyone so "come on in".
    DonaldN
  5. slapyo

slapyo Administrator Staff Member

6. stumpy

stumpy New Member

Being computer illiterate and lacking the knowledge and equipment, I will have to pass on the invite. Your lucky, as I'm much better looking then all those that have posted their pics....LOL
  7. rainvet

rainvet New Member

How does one go by to post a pic ??????????? RainVet !
  8. slapyo

When you are logged in, go to this link.

http://www.veteransresources.org/forums/profile.php?do=editavatar

Once you are there you can chose to use a picture from the web by placing the link in the input area for "Enter URL to Image:" or if you want to upload one from your computer you can do that as well by clicking the "Browse" button and finding the picture on your harddrive.

The picture needs to be 80x80 and no larger than 80kb. If you want help or want me to add your pic, email it to me along with your screenname and I will add it for you.
  9. bluewaves

bluewaves New Member

Guys,
    I don't know about you all, but this NAVY vet has not aged, since active duty. Navy personnel don't change!!!Ha Ha No gray hair, no extra lbs, just because i have to buy new clothes, is because my dryer shrinks, my clothes.
  10. joeblowj0

joeblowj0 New Member

Keep up the good work !!!!

Looking good my friends. If you have a problem getting you pic on the site, Slapyo, I'm sure will be happy to help you. Oh ,by the way we would appreciate no cheating. Please send an up to date photo. I know everyone will not look as good as some of us at, I am proud to say, 57 years of age come Sept.
    My friends I must say it feels REAL GOOD to be able to just chat and not worry about the word happening. What the hell, there is a time for everything.
    Bluewaves, I am Army, but I must agree with you. I asked my second wife about my old, but in good shape uniforms. She went up in the attic and came down with my uniforms. Boy was I pissed, the heat up there shrunk my uniforms to the point I can not put them on. Don't women know, leaving uniforms in the heat for a period of 30 some what years will shrink the material ?
    No, that did not cause my second devorce, not understanding and not being able to pull in the same directing did. You win some and you loose some.
    On a good note, number three is a charm. I think I found my sole mate. No, I know I found my sole mate.
    Take care my friends. I hope to see more particapate in the KnewHeart Trend.:)
  11. 3cav

3cav Member

Hit too many times with the ugly stick

G'day to all, I have been hit toomany times with the ugly stick to show my face, besides I would scare any kids to death so I decided to show a picture of one of my Guldian Finches I breed. They are a native to a small area in the northern part of Australia and on the endangered list. It seem there are more in captivity than in the wild. Shown is a red headed male, he looks like he is about to enter the malt so I willl take some more pictures when they have come out of their malt and have all nice new shiney feathers and replace this one, regards Neil. PS Forbes knows who I am anyway as I have always used my real name in all of my messages.
  12. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

we don't care what you look like.

PUSSY!
  13. joeblowj0

joeblowj0 New Member

Show yourself, if you are proud

Well, Mr. Knewheart, it looks like we reached the end of your theory. Some people just want to be unknown. I personnally think, that is the problem with this world. Most people only want to do things in secret. Only the brave or the proud stand up to be heard and seen.
    I do thank you for stepping up, to start this movement. I also thank those of you, who joined in, to be seen.
    Again, I would like more people to step up and be seen. We are not running for a beauty contest. I think it is nice to see who we are communicating with.
    Take care, my Veteran Resource Friends, and may God Bless you, and your love ones.
  14. Bertf

Bertf New Member

I'm in. I just put a picture of me with my latest crop of tomatoes on the avatar. If you want to crop it to get more of me and less tomatoes, be my guest.
  15. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

Slapyo
    Put those super computer skills to good use....I can't tell what or who is the tomato on this tiny photo. Can you enlarge Burtf's face to about the same size as the other avatar photos?
    Much grass.
    knewheart
  16. slapyo

If I did the picture would look extremely blurry. It's extremely hard to keep the quality and enlarge a photo. It's much easier to shrink a picture. I don't have the tools to enlarge it and keep the quality, sorry.
  17. DonaldN

DonaldN New Member

Hey Bertf.
    Just enlarge the tomatoes. They look pretty good!
    DonaldN
  18. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

He Salpyo- me again, always wanting something.
    How about your dad? Can we get a photo of him too? After all, he's our brother! We owe this site to him as much as to you. Honor him again, and post his photo.
  19. rainvet

rainvet New Member

After all, he's our brother! We owe this site to him as much as to you. Honor him again, and post his photo.

Amem to that, and GOD Bless Him and Salpyo too. RainVet !
  20. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

Still looking for your photo too, rainvet. Donny told you how to post the photo avatar above, so no more excuses!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you are logged in, go to this link.

http://www.veteransresources.org/for...?do=editavatar

Once you are there you can chose to use a picture from the web by placing the link in the input area for "Enter URL to Image:" or if you want to upload one from your computer you can do that as well by clicking the "Browse" button and finding the picture on your harddrive.

The picture needs to be 80x80 and no larger than 80kb. If you want help or want me to add your pic, email it to me along with your screenname and I will add it for you.