Show yourself

Discussion in 'VVnW & The Veterans Coalition' started by joeblowj0, Aug 20, 2006.

1. slapyo

slapyo Administrator Staff Member

I'll see if I can find one.
  2. joeblowj0

joeblowj0 New Member

Hey Slapyo, looks like Knewheart stays up all night thinking of GOOD THINGS to put on Veteran Resources. I agree with him 100%. Take care my friends.
  3. slapyo

I know it's small, but here is a pic I found of him in Vietnam. Will see what else I can find.

Found on: http://25thaviation.org

Attached Files:

4. 3cav

3cav Member

Pull through for howitzer

Here ya go a picture of me when I was a skinny 19 year old over in the "Funny Country". I'm sitting on top of the APC I used to drive, looks like I could be used for a pull-through for a 105 Howitzer, regards Neil
  5. joeblowj0

joeblowj0 New Member

Recent picture

Hey slapyo, this is not for you !!!!!! I guess any picture is better than none, but I think when Knewheart began this, he wanted close up, and updated pictures. We are too old, to give a damm what we look like. Let your buddies see you for who you are. I thought this was a site where everyone was truthful.
    Peter Forbes, if you would come on this sight and answer questions truthfully, I can promise one thing ; The Truth Will Set You FREE.:p
  6. Leo Gelsinger

Leo Gelsinger New Member

I just thought I would follow the rest of you and put my mug up there so you guys know that some of us do age over time, not like some. I just hope it doesn't freeze up the forum. Hope to work with you guys more.
  7. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

Atta boy Leo!
  8. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

Neil
    I take it all back - you are not a pussy! Love your jokes, and I am happy to
    see you posted your photo avatar.

RAINVET. your'e the PUSSY! I still am wondering what you look like.
  9. joeblowj0

joeblowj0 New Member

A lot of no shows

Well Knewheart, it looks like we ran out of taker for the " Show who you are. " We are still looking for more. Please show your face, it makes for a friendlier web site. Thanks to Slapyo, we can communicate with each other, share out thoughts, idears, even help to our problems.
  10. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

I can only guess they have something to hide. Me, I am young (67), and getting younger every day. For those friends of mine on this site, I would love to see what you look like. My imagination sucks! So, NO MORE EXCUSES...POST YOUR AVATAR NOW BEFORE YOU GET ANY OLDER!
  11. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

HEY SLAPYO!
    Back in September you said you were going to look for a better picture of your father. I know how easy it is for us old guys to forget little things like that, but your still in your prime! So, let me jiggle your memory a little...have you found a suitable PORTRAIT photo of your father yet? Hope so..let's get it up there son!
  12. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

hello! Anybody Home?
  13. slapyo

You know I did forget and thanks for the reminder. I'll ask my parents and see what I can come up with.
  14. joeblowj0

joeblowj0 New Member

I'm still here

Hey knewheart , I'm still here. Come on people, it makes it nice to see who you are communicating with.;)
  15. vnvetlester

vnvetlester Member

Ok joeblowj0 ,you can view my picture now.It's 2 years old now.Knewheart wanted to see a mug shot of me but I couldn't find one, so I used my drivers license photo.
    Is this picture any better joeblowj0
  16. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

SHOOT VNVetLester! I should have posted a photo of me when I was in VN....60 lbs. lighter, and no white hair! Anyway, thanks for joining our illustrious group of old vets who are not afraid to show themselves!

All credit for this happy avatar venture really belongs to JoeBlow, not me. He started the tread and pushed to get one and all to step forward with their photos. I keep on thinking how nice it would be if EVERYONE posted their portrait photo, but I understand its not for everyone for a variety of reasons.
  17. sooner1938

sooner1938 New Member

18. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

Attaboy, Sooner1938! Welcome to the mug club!
  19. vnvetlester

vnvetlester Member

Hey knewheart, I'm 59 now and I can count the gray hairs on my head. Thanks for the comeback.
  20. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

Aw, you're still a pup! I envy your youth! I am 67 now...I remember turning 30 when I was in Quang Tri, around the time Neil Armstrong became the first man to set foot on the moon, and the METS won the World Series in 4. Aslo, Ho Chin Minh kicked the bucket in August of that year (1969). The good old days!