Show yourself

Discussion in 'VVnW & The Veterans Coalition' started by joeblowj0, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Guarango

Guarango New Member

Just kidding folks. I'll see if I can find a pic that don't scare all you brave vets. Lol.
    May the Good Lords light shine upon your lives this Christmas and may he bring you all a very Happy New year. He knows that you all deserve it. The Lord loves a fighting man that stands for his given freedom and liberty.

Thanks for all the help you guys have rendered me, specially TinCanMan. He's worth his weight in gold knowlledge wise.
  2. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

New Knewheart Avatar Photo

Hi

Just thought I would let everyone know I put up a new avatar photo.

knewheart
  3. joeblowj0

joeblowj0 New Member

Look older

Hey Knewheart, you look older, but hey you still look like your in good shape. Age is only in the papers we have pickup. We are as old as we feel. Good Job my friend.:)
  4. nurseflo

nurseflo Member

Joe and Tom,I think Tom looks like he's dropped some weight and looks more sophisticated.
  5. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

Nice try, Gloria!

The reality is that I just joined weight watchers (ala DonaldN) with a goal of losing 60 lbs this year. It's has only been 2 weeks (the avatar photos is several years old and was taken before I gained my current weight) and I have alreaady lost about 12 lbs.

I ain't gonna show you the "before" picture...I will leave it to one's imagination. If I am successful in coming close to meeting my weight loss goal, I may publish a new avatar at that time.

Anyone out there care to join me in losing weight this year? Maybe we can/should start a new thread on the subject!
  6. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

Hey Frank

You said you would look for a suitable facial portrait avatar way, way back in December of last year. Have you had any luck, or did you forget your promise.
    Let's get it up there son! Join the Mug Club and I will quit hounding you!!!!!

Your friendly morale officer,
    knewheart
  7. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

This is for 3CAV

Neil

Did you use disappearing ink with your avatar photo? It disappeared!
    Just as well I suppose, seeing as how it wasn't even your photo, but that other Australian from VVnW!

Let's get a new (real one this time!) avatar photo up there mate!
  8. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

This is For Guarango

Frank

Donde esta tu photografia?

9. joeblowj0

joeblowj0 New Member

Again, I sopke to a few members of LA. Post # 4 who said they do not have to send, any moneies from fund raiser to nat'l. They do not have to have a fund raiser for nat'l. The nat'l commander told the post to keep all their fund raising money. The members told me their post by-laws state they keep all money collected, and if that's changed they will get out of the VVnW period. I explained to them, that post by-laws, can not supersede nat'l by-laws. That is stated in Rober's Rule of Order. " Hell, I'm sorry " , I forgot the VVnW does not follow Robert's Rule of Order nor Demeter's Book of Parlimentry Law. They follow the " Peter's rule of order " .

You guys and gals have a nice day, and to the two heads of this dying organization . " There is a day for the Hunter and a day for the DUCK " .

In the words of Arnold " I'll be back " .
  10. joeblowj0

joeblowj0 New Member

Hey my friends. WE are getting our butts kicked here in good Ole Louisiana. The water was not a problem like Katrina, but the wind was unbelievable. We got minor damage at my house, but I have seen some places were people lost everything. I have to say we have a Govenor who is staying on top of the situation. People were taken out before the storm hit, and now help is pouring in . Governor Jindel is working with President Bush to asure the victims get help. President Bush is on FEMA's butt to make sure there are no screw ups like last time with Katrina. I am sorry for our neighbors in Texas, but it looks like they will get hit about 2am tomorrow morning.
    This is not a political speach, just the true facts of the situation.
    Every part of the world has their own Catastrophes, and Louisiana has Hurricanes
    Take care my friends.
  11. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

My Thanksgiving Wish

Let us all pause on this eve of election day 2008. Let us ask our Lord to guide our new president with the wisdom and courage it will take to see our country through these terrble times when so many people have lost their homes, jobs and retirement savings.

Let us all pray that the new president will champion the plight of our new veterans returning home from Iraq and Afghanistan, and that he fulfills his promise to ensure that they are given the finest medical care that this nation can provide.

Let us pray that God continues to shine His light and love on our great country, and heal our wounds.

May you and your families have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Peace to you all.
  12. joeblowj0

joeblowj0 New Member

Patsy and I will try to get to Washington again this year. We plan to leave Louisiana Sunday morning, arriving Monday night.Anyone wanting to contact us in Washington can Call 985-860-4757 and we can get together. Oh by the way, that goes for Peter and Nancy too. I would like to meet you face to face, and give me the real reason you had me booted out of the VVnW. I know the reason, but I don't think, NO I know it will not be the one you will give me. We will be at the wall for Veteran's Day. May God bless you one and ALL.
  13. joeblowj0

joeblowj0 New Member

We are back. Had a great trip. Maybe I missed them, but there were no " Orange Berets " in site. I got no phone calls from anyone " PERIOD ". You dig. It was the 15th year anniversary for the lady's monument. We stayed at " The Washington Circle One. " Great motel, with great service. Hell, Patsy didn't want to leave.
    Take care my friends.
  14. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

The Lousiana Wife

THE LOUISIANA WIFE:

Three men were sitting together bragging about how they had
    given their new wives various duties.

The first man had married a woman from Ohio and had told her
    that she was going to do the dishes and house cleaning. It took a couple of days,
    but on the third day he came home to see a clean house and the dishes washed and put away.

The second man had married a woman from Illinois. He had given
    his wife orders that she was to do all the cleaning, dishes, and
    cooking.

The first day he didn't see any results but the next day he saw
    it was better. By the third day, he saw his house was clean the dishes
    were done, and there was a huge dinner on the table.

The third man named Tommy had married Patsy, a beautiful girl from LOUISIANA.

Tommy told Patsy that her duties were to keep the house cleaned,
    dishes washed, lawn mowed, laundry washed, and hot meals on the table for every meal.

Tommy said the first day he didn't see anything, the second day he
    didn't see anything, but by the third day some of the swelling had gone down and
    he could see a little out of his left eye---enough to fix himself a sandwich and
    load the dishwasher.

Guarango New Member

Hi Knewhart
  16. Guarango

Guarango New Member

Well Knewhart
    Now you can see how pretty and handsome I am. No that's not a skirt it's my family kilt. Real men wear kilts lol
  17. joeblowj0

joeblowj0 New Member

Knewheart, I have to give it to you. You are good. Patsy almost choked and I thought it was funny. Thanks for the laugh.
  18. joeblowj0

joeblowj0 New Member

Patsy and I haven't heard from you in awhile. How are you doing ? Just a line to say hello.
  19. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

Hola Frankie!

Took a little while but you are a man of your word. Thanks for joining us in the mug club.

knewheart
  20. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

Let's Liven Up This Thread - LOUISIANA style!

PATSY...this is dedicated to you and Tommy and your many, many happy years together!

Enjoy these 3 geniuses at work and play..turn up your sound, sit back, absorb the music in your soul, and enjoy.

(Note to all: I deleted the link to the music video. Seems they have a low lifespan on the net.
    knewheart