Show yourself

Discussion in 'VVnW & The Veterans Coalition' started by joeblowj0, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Guarango

Guarango New Member

Hey Knewhart
    I think Slapyo looks kinda young fer a viet vet in his picture. I think he borrowed one of his grandkids photos to pass as his own. lol
  2. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

Frank:

Slapyo's dad is the Vietnam vet. He put up this site in tribute.
  3. Guarango

Guarango New Member

I'm a dumb ass

Hi Slapyo

Great tribute to yer old pa having this site as a tribute. When was he in the Nam and which branch of service?
  4. joeblowj0

joeblowj0 New Member

Patsy said thank you. She wants to know where you get all your stuff. I told her that was a part of retirement. Too much time on one's hand.
  5. Guarango

Guarango New Member

Hey Knewheart

I am totally flabergated that you haven`t made fun of me kilt. Lol
  6. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

It's really cute, Frank. Only you should learn to keep your knees together when you have your picture taken wearing it.
  7. joeblowj0

joeblowj0 New Member

Where did everybody go ? I want to wish everyone a happy 4th of July. I hope you have a great time with your families.
  8. Guarango

Guarango New Member

Oi Knewhart
    That´s how you supposed to sit when you wear the familly kilt. That way it drops down to cover your smalls. As you well know, no undies worn with kilt. That´s why the germans were scared of the Black Watch regiment during WWI and WWII. They ran at the enemy and lifted their kilts to show off the heavy weapons.
    By the way, if ya wondering what a Puerto Rico born person is doing wearing a Scots kilt, it´s because my Grandmother was a Scot and by Scots rule I am allowed to wear the familly tartan, in my case that being the Rose ancient tartan. My granny´s people were clan chiefs.
    Best regards
    Frank
  9. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

Geez, Frank, I don't get your reasoning on wearing your grandmother's kilt.

My grandmother came from Poland and wore a babushka...does that mean her descendants should wear one? Between you and me, I think I'll let the ladies in the family carry on that tradition.

Babushkas are not made for men to wear! Ipsofacto, neither are skirts made for men to wear.

I am sure you wear some type of warm underwear in the winter with your "kilt".................swinging in the breeze? Blue balls comes to mind. That would be enough to scare anyone!
  10. nurseflo

nurseflo Member

Hi, I wrote you all a letter on Saturday and it didn't post.I wanted to tell you I've been missing you all and that things are going pretty well.I moved in with my youngest daughter and her 3 kids last July.We're buying a house together.It's working out pretty well.I have ran away from home a coupleof times.I go too my older daughters.Sometimes you just need a little room till tempers cool down. I want you all to know that Bobby is home.He seems to be well adjusted(says he has black days) then he send Molly,Max and Mattie shopping visiting or goes out on his motorcycle.He's now working for the Iowa National Guard full time.Since the middle of June till July 19th he's Working the the Boy Scouts of America.This is the first year they have offered either extreme camping or extreme Scouts.He's teachin survival skills and loves it.Max (8 Y/O now) has spent a few nights and days at the camp and really likes it.Bobby will become a Cpt in Dec.He got behind schedule because he missed his family and put the training off.The end of July he is going to follow the Ragbri route and try to recruit.He's having some really fun jobs right now,but mom thinks he's earned the fun jobs.Too bad everyone doesn't get them.Hope this posts and once again THANKS for voting for Adams picture.Gloria
  11. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

Good to hear from you again Gloria. Thought you ran away from us, too. Glad to hear Bobby is doing well and the experience hasn't affected him too much. If he ever needs help, you know where we are.
  12. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

I was just thinking, wouldn't it be nice if TinCan Man posted his avatar photo and unmasks himself?

What sayest ye, TCM? How about joining the mug club?
  13. Guarango

Guarango New Member

Oi Knewheart
    Grandma was full blooded Scot from Rose clan highlanders. Long Scot tradition to wear kilt. Its a mans garment. Check out Black Watch. You dont wear undies under kilt. Its not cold even in winter as its pure argile wool, very warm. If it gets too hot then you open yer legs a bit and let the frsh air take care of the problem. Lol. I dont know about the States but here in Spain the ladies love a man in a kilt. Northern Spaniards are celts as well. Long live the Kilt.
    By the way, TCM probably cannot get a picture cause he breaks the lences. Lol. Just kidding TCM.
    Frank
  14. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

Inspirational Aging

As we get older we sometimes begin to doubt our ability to "make a difference" in the world. It is at these times that our hopes are boosted by the remarkable achievements of other "seniors" who have found the courage to take on challenges that would make many of us wither.FRANK GUARANGO is such a person.

"VERY INSPIRING!"

I've often been asked, 'What do you old folks do now that you're retired'? Well. I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background, and one of the things I enjoy most is turning beer, wine, Scotch, and martinis into urine.

And I'm pretty damn good at it, too!!

joeblowj0 New Member

16. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

Hey Tommy - what happened to "show yourself"? Your avatar photo has been changed to what, a "sign"?
    Get the avatar back up there son!
  17. joeblowj0

joeblowj0 New Member

Sorry about the avatar Mr. Knewheart. We started a good thing, don't you think. I will never turn my back on this thread. I just wanted everyone, especially that group from Penn. that I will never give up. Nancy knows I can be good news, and now it's time for her to know I can be bad news. Check this out.

concerned veterans of louisiana inc. -             Was MY  "  Termination  " LEGAL ?????                                                  YOU DECIDE.
  18. joeblowj0

joeblowj0 New Member

I am putting together a page on our web site so we can post terminations letters you guys and gals got from VVnW. I would like to spread the word world wide. Let members know what kind of gold diggers are running this organization and living a great life off the backs of veterans. Check out my termination letter, and if you want, I can put yours on the page with mine.
    Thank you for your time and troubles you took out of your busy day, to read this thread.

http://www.concerned-vets-la.org/termination_letter
  19. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

I put up a new avatar for Halloween, and nobody noticed it. Boo hoo.
  20. vnvetlester

vnvetlester Member

No one noticed Tommy because it look too much like you!!! LOL:cool: