Social Support and Veterans - A survey (about 20 minutes to complete)

Discussion in 'Cancer' started by Hannah C. Pedersen, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Hannah C. Pedersen

Hannah C. Pedersen New Member

Hello fellow veterans,

My name is Hannah C. Pedersen and I am an Army veteran and doctoral candidate at Washington State University in the Edward R. Murrow College of Communication. I am reaching out to as many websites, forums, and organizations that serve veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces to ask for help with getting survey responses for my dissertation study about social support and veterans. This is an Institutional Review Board-exempted study. The purpose of my research is to identify how social support may help veterans in both online and offline environments and I plan to give my findings to the VA so they can hopefully see what they need to improve in order to help veterans. The survey is conducted entirely online and takes approximately 20 minutes to complete. I have included a brief summary about what the survey entails and the link provided below will take you to the survey.

https://wsucommunication.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1Yw8Qq38eTmF7GR

Summary:
    You will be asked about your basic demographics (age, sex, etc.), online use, military experience, social support, and items about coping, resilience, and faith. You will also be asked about any experience you may have had with participating in a veteran or health-related group, community, or support group but you do not need to have participated in any groups to take part in this survey This survey is anonymous and there are no questions that will allow for identification of the respondent.

Incentive:
    At the end of the survey, you will have an opportunity to provide your email address, which is not linked to your survey in any manner, to be entered into a drawing for one of 20 $25 visa gift cards.

If you would be willing to take this survey and/or forward the link on to any veteran you may know, I would be extremely grateful.

Please let me know if you have any questions and thank you so much for your assistance, I greatly appreciate it!

Best,
    Hannah

Hannah C. Pedersen
    Edward R. Murrow College of Communication
    Washington State University