SSDI?VA Benefits

Discussion in 'Social Security' started by free spirit, Nov 29, 2007.

1. free spirit

free spirit New Member

I'm on SSDI since 2002. Now applying for VA Benifits regarding diabetes and neuropathy, etc.

Will being on SSDI help or hurt my VA Claim?
  2. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

No. You are entitled to receive both without offset.
  3. vietnamvet65@yahoo.com

[email protected] New Member

Agent Orange

I have been recieving Diabetes sines 2001, I just recieved increases ,for neuropathy all limbs ,and special compensation for ED. A big Joke
    I currently have a file for PTSD. I have a friend also with 1st Cav
    He is revieving both SSDI and 100% VA Benefits.
    Good Luck.
    Marvin Lee
  4. 3idTanker

3idTanker New Member

I was put on the TDRL in Jan of '08. I applied for SSDI and was approved 1st try. I will start getting disability in June '08. I am currently undergoing a C & P for various reasons. I'm glad to hear that there's no offset between the VA and SS. :)
  5. 3idTanker

3idTanker New Member

One more question. Since my army retirement pay is non taxable (combat related disability retirement), do I still need the VA waiver to receive CRSC? Also, am I allowed to collect military disability retirement, SSDI AND CRSC? :confused:Thank you.
  6. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

CRSC is intended to replace waived retirement. If you choose not to waive retirement, you cannot have VA compensation. That's the law. I don't know what happens if you haven't waived any of your retirement. SSDI is an earned entitlement and you get it as long as you are not working. It has nothing to do with any other income you might have.
  7. bumblebee8472

bumblebee8472 New Member

does anyone know how much u are supposed to recieve for ssdi for yourself and family just wondering.
  8. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

No one other than a SSA can tell you that. It would be dependent on your earnings under SS.