Title 38 Schedule for Rating Disabilities

Discussion in 'Disability' started by stumpy, Jul 12, 2004.

1. DVOPIII

DVOPIII New Member

1972 and 75 TB

Sorry everyone let me clear it up. in 1972 when I came back from the ole "asian vacation" I tested positive for TB the Doc said don't worry it's proably a false positive. So I didn't worry. In 1975 I had another physical as I was leaving Active duty and going into the reserves. I tested positive again for TB and the doctor once again said don't worry its probably a false positive. Once again OK and I left. In 1982 I got sick and thru up gelled blood and my doctor put me in the Hospital and I was diagnosed with Walking Punemoina, strip throat and MONO how I got it I don't know. That problem was cured bt my doctor said I had non active TB but any time I catch a cold or flu it will reactivate. Being still young and dump I shruged it off as I didn't seem to bother me. Then in May of this year I caught a really bad flu and after the flu ran its course I still had a persitent cough which lasted for another 6 weeks so my primary care physician decided to x-ray my lungs/chest and that is when They determinded that I have residules of TB 24% scaring and calsification of RT lung. So I put in a claim. After reading the CFR (code of Ratings) I read it as no cap on TB I was looking for some Feedback on my interpretation of the codes.
  2. DVOPIII

DVOPIII New Member

Tb

Also in my medical records it shows positive testing for TB in 1972 and 1975 but no treatment.
  3. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

I can't tell you what you should or shouldn't do. You have to decide that for yourself but I can't imagine why you would have to raise hell. All you really have to do is file a claim.

You really haven't provided any specific details so all I can do is talk about generalities relative to a TB claim. Understand, testing positive for TB doesn't necessarily mean you have active tuberculosis could simply mean you were exposed to it and did not have the active condition. TB can also self resolve.

At this point all you can do is file a claim. The results will depend on exactly what your doctor says about your condition relative to your service and how well he can back that up with fact. How/if you are compensated will depend on what phase it is in or the resultant residuals, the nexus to your service and the evidence in your Service Medical Records.

The effective date of your claim will be the date you first told the VA you had a disabling condition or the date they first should have been aware you had a claim. So unless you filed a claim in 1972 or the VA knew you may have had TB in 1972 your effective date will be the date they receive a claim.

Get a Service Officer from one of the Veterans Service Organizations and let him file a claim for you.