US Army unit forum request

Discussion in 'Unit Forum Requests' started by Yoge Mountain, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Yoge Mountain

Yoge Mountain New Member

2. slapyo

slapyo Administrator Staff Member

3. rainvet

rainvet New Member

Prov.Troop Command Co.F Long Binh !

Subject: CO.F TROOP COMMAND/LONG BINH/BEIN HOA/OR GRUNTS FROM THE 25TH INF DIV.THAT JOINED US THEIR. Oct.17,1968/Oct.16,1969.
  4. slapyo

25th Infantry Division forum created under the Army forum.
  5. 173rd Herdman

173rd Herdman New Member

Hey Slappo! Good Job! How much trouble would it be at add another to the Army list? Besides me, I've met several other vets from the 173rd Airborne Brigade, and would like to add it added to the Army Groups if you can. It would be another way for all us Paratroopers with the 173rd to meet! Again, thanks man for this site and allowing us vets to gather!
    173rd Herdman!
  6. slapyo

Forum created!
  7. Vietvet1

Vietvet1 Member

[​IMG]

Maybe even a spot for the people who served in IIFFV. There were a lot of Units in IIFFV as well as Units that operated under the command of IIFFV. I go to many functions but raely see this patch.
  8. slapyo

What does IIFFV stand for? Trying to get a little more info so I can give a good title and description.
  9. Vietvet1

Vietvet1 Member

It stands for Second Field Forces Vietnam. The HQ was at Long Bien. In 1969, the population of the American military was about 539,000. Long Bien held about 100,000 of them. I had understood that about 55,000 wore the IIFFV as most units on Long Bien were of the IIFFV. A lot of IIFFV Units served all over III Corp with HQ at Long Bien or Plantation.. just up the road. When I was last there Gen.Weyand was in charge.