VA Compensation Tables for 2008

Discussion in 'VA Procedures' started by stumpy, Dec 2, 2007.

1. stumpy

stumpy New Member

2. sooner1938

sooner1938 New Member

Can this be true? That disabled vets will draw less for the same percentage of disability than they drew last year? Haven't these people ever heard of inflation or COLAs?
  3. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

No, of course not. Every category should have increased by 2.3%. Care to share with us specifically which you believe are less than last year so we can examine it?

As far as I can tell. Stumpy's link is correct for rates effective 1 Dec 2007 Payable during CY 2008

Here are the links for 2006 and 2007 for comparison. I see a 2.3% increase although I didn't do a detailed check of each bracket. For a while there was an error in the 100% rate for Vet w/spouse but that's been fixed. It was actually abt $100 too much. There could certainly be other individual errors but I'm not seeing them yet.

2007 Rates effective 1 Dec 2007 Payable during calendar year 2008

2006 Rates effective 1 Dec 2006 Payable during calendar year 2007
  4. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

Glad to have you back posting again, Stumpy. Maybe you spend too much time at Wally World (Wifemart). Anyway, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a super Christmas!

knewheart
  5. sooner1938

sooner1938 New Member

My mistake - without thinking (I do a lot of that in my old age :confused:), I was looking at the amount due a single veteran instead of the amount due a vet with spouse.
  6. GreenBeret

GreenBeret New Member

This needs a sticky!!