VA Patients:Refill your Prescriptions Online!

Discussion in 'Health Care Benefits' started by rainvet, Jan 22, 2006.

1. rainvet

rainvet New Member

Attention all VA Patients: Refill your Prescriptions Online!

Learn how to use Prescription Refill, it's easy!

You can now use My HealtheVet to refill your VA prescriptions and view your VA prescription history online! Online prescription refill was the most popular request for My HealtheVet. So, you asked for it, and now it's here! This service is designed exclusively for VA patients to manage medications prescribed by VA doctors. To access Prescription Refill, you need to be a registered user of My HealtheVet. As a registered user, you will also have access to Personal Health Journal where you can record and track your health statistics online. If you are not a registered user, register now.

My Care; Log in and click the My Care tab in the main menu to access all the latest features of My HealtheVet. Refill your prescriptions online, record your personal health statistics, and much more.

Learn how to use Prescription Refill, it's easy!

https://www.myhealth.va.gov/MHV.portal
  2. wriser@columbus.rr.com

[email protected] New Member

3. CEDAR FALLS

CEDAR FALLS Member

it only works if your primary keeps your scripts up to date been using it from the beginning
  4. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

If he doesn't update your scripts, call the pharmacy and talk to a pharmacy tech. Tell hin which ones need to be renewed, The tech will contact the doctor and get it straightened out.
  5. Sgt D

Sgt D New Member

I've been using this method for a few years now and it works great in most cases.
    The only meds this will not work is with the pain meds I have to have, I have to call it in each month and then they send it to me by Fedx and I have to sign for them. Sgt D :D
  6. sooner1938

sooner1938 New Member

The wife and I both obtain a lot of our meds by mail from Express Scripts in Phoenix. I order refills online and about 4-6 days later, they show up. New prescriptions are faxed from my PCP's office. The costs are ridiculously low (generics are $3. for 90 days supply while brand name drugs on DOD's formulary are $9. for the same 90 days. Approved drugs not on DOD's formulary are $22. for a 3-month supply. And they pay the postage.)

At first, the idea of paying for anything really burned me up, since the friggin' government promised retirees like me for at least 30 years that we'd get free medical care for life. But when I see what the civilians are paying for medicine, I've decided I'm very lucky to get the bennies I have.
  7. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

Don't forget about paying that $100/mo blood money for Part "B" just to keep TFL.
  8. Sgt D

Sgt D New Member

Yes that $100.00 a month is a pain in the ass, that I don't enjoy letting go of but have to..Sgt S
  9. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

Not only is it a pain in the ass, it is an outrage we have to pay for what we earned. while the current administration is advocating every veteran no matter how little time they spent, be given free healthcare at the VA. What you and I worked for is being given away.
  10. oasis

oasis New Member

Nice sharing but little bit confusion for me here:p
  11. Jabandoo

Jabandoo New Member

Well the only medicines this will not perform, is with the discomfort medicines I have to have
    i have to contact it in each 22 days and then they deliver it to me by Fedx and I have to indication
    for them.