Veteran's Day - A Picture is Worth 1000 Words

Discussion in 'Remembering' started by knewheart, May 25, 2005.

1. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

From the internet...
    NerdDad wrote,
    "Again and again we ask, "Where do we find such men?" And then praise God for bringing them to us.”

We do not find such men and women, they rise out of the ranks themselves and are distinguished by their actions. They grow from the children that we raise and in whom we have instilled patriotism and a sense of duty and of honor. They are often the sons and daughters of men and women who have, themselves, placed freedom and love of country above their own needs and their own lives. These young people have seen the examples set by their parents, siblings, aunts and uncles, and even grandparents and have, in their own turn, determined to achieve equally high standards of conduct and of honor.

Generations of Valor - Pearl Harbor survivor Houston James of Dallas embraces Sgt. Mark Graunke Jr.

Attached Files:

2. nurseflo

nurseflo Member

What a hero!!!Very determined to do the right thing no matter what.You just know that he has to prove himself over and over.
  3. nurseflo

nurseflo Member

Today we went to Stuart,Iowa to see the painted military rock.This picture was on it.I did not realize that this Marine also lost a leg and an eye.He did this detonating a bomb.That is my son's job in the military.To seek and disarm ied or whatever and bombs.
  4. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

He will be in my prayers, Nurseflo. May God watch over him and protect him from all harm and bring him home safely to his mother's arms.
  5. nurseflo

nurseflo Member

Thanks Knewheart!!!I'm gonna try to send you and TincanMan a picture of the Rock it was really neat.It made you feel solemn.