Veterans Resources getting updated

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by slapyo, Sep 15, 2006.

1. slapyo

slapyo Administrator Staff Member

Just wanted to let you all know that I am going to be updating the site so that it will be able to contain many more features than there are currently. The forums will stay online during this and will not be affected by the upgrade. However, the main site will be up and down until the move is completed. I don't expect it to take too long, maybe a few days till everything is back into the system. This should allow the site to expand without restrictions.
  2. knewheart

knewheart Active Member

I would like to include photos with some of my jokes...hopefully, not too raunchy! Can do?
  3. slapyo

You already have the ability to upload attachments when you post.
  4. DonaldN

DonaldN New Member

Can't wait to see those photos. Ha! Ha!
  5. slapyo

The site is still in the middle of the move. I need to modify the front page, add the rest of the articles, and also add in the Ask A VSO page, then I should be done. The links are all there, and the news feeds are ready. I added in a whole bunch of news feeds now. We used to have 3 total, now we have 29.
  6. slapyo

Articles - OK
    Links - OK
    News Feeds - OK
    Ask A VSO - OK
    Search - OK
    Donate - OK

Everything has been moved over to the new system. I am finishing up working on the logo. When that is done I will replace the "Versatility" logo. I will also begin to add content to the front of the site which I am thinking will be news articles that I find.
  7. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

Donald:

Just took a look at the AFIS news service. Fonts are way too small. Might want to kill the navigation frame on the right as most of it is duplicated in the tool bar anyway or make the google adds frame smaller.
  8. slapyo

I can adjust the font size, I will see if I can bump it up some more.

How's it look now?
  9. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Active Member

Much better, Thanks Donald. Along with my DMII came double vision and it never went away, even with glucose control. Glasses don't help a bit but with larger fonts I can at least work with it. I do most of my reading online these days where I can control the size to some extent. Books are a bitch.